Bryar Pistol from The WoodChuck

The WoodChuck

WoodChuck here. I want to say thanks to everyone who sent me links to help find
some of the small parts for this project. Here is a WIP photo, it is ready for painting.

DSCF7890.jpg

DSCF7891.jpg

Aw man, that looks great!
Dark Forces was the game that got me 'into gaming'.... this is creating some nostalgia for me, haha...

Correct me if I'm wrong though, isn't this from Jedi Knight II:/ Academy?

He uses the blaster in all the games.

Yes, but if I remember right, the Bryar from Dark Forces was updated a bit differently in Jedi Knight (Dark Forces II), and again in JKII (was it not included in academy?)
Same bryar, different models.
Dark Forces:
images

Jedi Knight
weapon2.gif

JKII
056507544280027.jpg

So I'm still unsure what version this technically goes under:
28823223405755757.jpg

Last edited:
Hello guys. I'm the one who ordered this from woodchuck. The reference used is an interpretation based on the Jedi Knight one, with modifications. The cutscenes in JK show a short, stocky and heavy blaster, which is what feels like THE Dark Forces blaster to me. Koda Vonnor did a great build of the slim DF1, but I wanted something weightier.

That's a nice looking blaster. It was not included in Jedi Academy. In Jedi Academy it was replaced with Han Solo's signature blaster pistol, the DL-44 Heavy Blaster.

Yes, I too would like to see the finished product.

Personally I like the verision Dave Dorman did on the back cover of the dustjacket of one of the hardcover graphic novels. I love the angle of the handle, like a sawed off shotgun.

kyleblaster.jpg

However, still an awesome looking weapon and great looking project.

Last edited:
This is really great looking. Fantastic job. I just made a Kyle Katarn saber and have been kicking around ideas for one of these. The only game it was shown in non-digital form was DF:II, correct? During the cut scenes?

Oh man I loved me some Dark Forces back in the day... The games sorta lost their punch when Jedi Outcast came around. This pistol though was always my favorite Star Wars weapon aside from Han's.

...So I'm still unsure what version this technically goes under:
28823223405755757.jpg
That's from Star Wars: The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, pg 38 or there abouts.

I put one of these together from an Airsoft shotgun a while ago. Then built one more like the JK cutscenes version. Build photos of both are in my photobucket.

~ Vonnor

Back