Interest CFO Indiana Jones “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Cherubs interest thread.

I would stay away from anything goldenarmor does but that is probably the best that can be done with spray paint. It still is not truly reflectively chromed so doesn't have the correct original look. Gold Touch Inc. is probably the best because they have the most experience, but I think they price accordingly.

Mark,

My absolute apologies for just now seeing your post. I always use Tapatalk to log in and I’ve been getting a notice that it was offline since Nov 4th.

That said I just sent you the payment through PayPal for the balance. Sorry for the delay.

Sean

batmann539 you’re up. [emoji3]

I’m not waiting any longer for a reply from zachilles. I’ve sent a few pms and posted here with no reply. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark. Received them last week but so busy with work that I haven't opened the package yet. And then I need to find a chrome service here in the US.

list updated.
I’m just waiting on the next 5 pairs. Should be with me soon.
So please check the list and see if you are up.

Cheers

I reached out to Gold Touch but they only sell the Cosmichrome Machines and not actually work on items. Terry (listed as the president of the company), gave me a recommendation but it was the Coat of Chrome place that Mark and Raiders March said was priced way too high (I was quoted $600 - $650 by Don at Coat of Chrome), but that also incorporated prep work which these obviously don’t need. Even with no prep work I’m guess the price would still be pretty high.

Does anyone have a point of contact for someone in the U.S. that could finish these? Thanks in advance for any info.

Sean

Hi guys

The next batch of 5 pairs has arrived. I’ll be boxing them up. Please look at the list and get your payments in.

7. Bill Elder x2 (email) Shipped.
8. gregroe x1 Deposit paid. (Delay)
9. Whoever x2 Shipped.
10.DL4765 x2 Deposit paid
11. Tripoli. X2 Deposit paid. (Delayed)
12. Dcc_clone x 1 Deposit paid.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
I reached out to Liquid 3D Design and K and K Kustomz with pics and dimensions for a cosmichrome quote.

So far only Liquid 3D Design has returned my email and they’re quoting me $450 total for both pieces (not including shipping).

That’s obviously better than Coat of Chromes price I referenced in a past message but still not sure if that’s worth committing too. Any subject matter experts care to weigh in on whether that’s a fair price or should I keep looking. Thanks.

Sean

Last edited:
maybe there is a discount if we have multiples to be plated? if we have enough people in the USA to get to 10 pieces for this, perhaps we can get a 10-20% discount? i would be in for 2.

Unfortunately Liquid 3D Design will not negotiate on a bulk discount. It’s $450 firm regardless if 1 of of us or 99 of us send them to him.

I guess I’ll keep looking or wait until someone else finds a better deal.

Sean

Perhaps Gold Touch or Spectrachrome can offer their recommended vendors other than Coat of Chrome. I will be waiting to finish the angels and ark together (fingers crossed) so I can't jump in right now, but will be researching affordable vendors next year. I've also heard of some C3PO builders buying their own chrome spray systems and learning the process themselves. Perhaps one of them has learned enough to start doing angels, arks and idols for a reasonable cost.

The C3PO builders is a great idea. I don’t personally know anyone in that build arena although I do know a R2 Builder. I’ll try reaching out to him and see if he knows anyone.

I’d love to put get a full ark but I’m not sure where I’d put it, let alone find time to finish it and then the cost of getting it Cosmichromed. It would almost be more cost efficient to get your own pro mini-system for what it might cost to pay someone to do it even at a great price. I may have to think about that.

Sean

Did their quote include any clean up work? I'm wondering how much cheaper coat of chrome's quote would be if we noted that cleanup is unnecessary.

Unfortunately Liquid 3D Design will not negotiate on a bulk discount. It’s $450 firm regardless if 1 of of us or 99 of us send them to him.

I guess I’ll keep looking or wait until someone else finds a better deal.

Sean

Good question. I didn’t ask. I’ll reach out and see what he says to include if there’s a potential group discount.

Sean

Did their quote include any clean up work? I'm wondering how much cheaper coat of chrome's quote would be if we noted that cleanup is unnecessary.

I have a couple of spaces available.
So please check if it’s your name up next.
DCM74 x2 Deposit paid.
14. Robert. J. Melina x1 Deposit paid. (FB pages)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back