Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

It seemed pretty clear that all data was destroyed. So how do we have Moff Gideon and the remnant talking about Project Necromancer decades later, are we just to assume some information survived?

Strangely enough I liked several characters from this series but wasn't super taken by the story and how it ended . I genuinely hope we see more of
Omega. I'm really glad they didn't make her a Jedi or give her force abilities. Restraint is nice. Making her a rebel pilot was predictable but I still thought that was a fitting place for her to be.The scene with Hunter at the end was well done.
The Bad Batch was much better than Ahsoka, TBOBF and OK but still a far cry from the OT. A move in the right direction in several ways though.

Strangely enough I liked several characters from this series but wasn't super taken by the story and how it ended . I genuinely hope we see more of
Omega. I'm really glad they didn't make her a Jedi or give her force abilities. Restraint is nice. Making her a rebel pilot was predictable but I still thought that was a fitting place for her to be.The scene with Hunter at the end was well done.
The Bad Batch was much better than Ahsoka, TBOBF and OK but still a far cry from the OT. A move in the right direction in several ways though.

I was hoping there'd be a line like

"Course set for Sullust." which would put her at Endor. I can't say I did the math regarding timeline and her age.

They needed to be a bit more clear that when they get to the shuttle to escape, that Wrecker and the others were among them. It was a very wide shot of the group boarding, with a bunch of dots going up the ramp.

It was an interesting show, 3 seasons was enough. If I never see Omega again, it won't bother me....unless she restarts the clone forge and brings back her brothers.

After all the waiting for this final season, that was such a disappointment. It was just a blur of boredom. A prison break season x3 at the same bloody prison.

I found myself just not caring what happens to anyone at some point during it and just watching it all for the sake of finishing what I started.

Again, another contemporary season for a series that could have been a movie length, or 4 part story.

It seemed pretty clear that all data was destroyed. So how do we have Moff Gideon and the remnant talking about Project Necromancer decades later, are we just to assume some information survived?
From what I understand the Cloning project Necromancer was moved from Mount Tantiss and restarted on Exegol. The loss of data explains why it took until EP8-9 for a successful clone of Palpatine.

They needed to be a bit more clear that when they get to the shuttle to escape, that Wrecker and the others were among them. It was a very wide shot of the group boarding, with a bunch of dots going up the ramp.
Yeah, I thought for a hot minute that they got left behind because they didn't get there in time.

From what I understand the Cloning project Necromancer was moved from Mount Tantiss and restarted on Exegol. The loss of data explains why it took until EP8-9 for a successful clone of Palpatine.

We also can theorize a link to Moff Gideon, the client, and Dr Pershing in their desire to obtain Grogu. It’s possible that most, if not al,l knew the whole point of Project Necromancer or even Exegol as the Emperor seems like the type to compartmentalize information so that only he knows the whole plan. Is was the case with the fact Tarkin knew nothing about it.

We also can theorize a link to Moff Gideon, the client, and Dr Pershing in their desire to obtain Grogu. It’s possible that most, if not al,l knew the whole point of Project Necromancer or even Exegol as the Emperor seems like the type to compartmentalize information so that only he knows the whole plan. Is was the case with the fact Tarkin knew nothing about it.
yes, the BB is a Filoni show so the tie-in with the cloning facility in Nevarro (then in Mandalore) is there. Gideon was so egotistical that he cloned himself. But it looks like part of the same project (add midichlorians to non force sensitive clones).

And if we circle back this was all added to tie-in with Ep 9.

I liked the ending more than the rest of the season.
I am curious to see where Omega will make the jump to Live action.

I thought the finale was exciting and action packed.

I feel that the fact that Filoni has the time jump to adult Omega is a good indication that he has plans to continue the story like he did at the end of Rebels. Now that I think about it, maybe the reason Skeleton Crew is so under wraps is because Omega is a major player. Just total fan geek speculation on my part.

I felt like the writers did a great job not to follow standard cliche storylines. There were several times through the series I felt like I knew what was going to happen because you saw it so often, but it went differently.

Such as the case with these special reprogrammed clones. They made such an issue of keeping the identities secret, I thought there was going to be a big reveal. My money was on Tech. I felt like all the signs were there. Some people might be disappointed but I am glad they went that way.

Last edited:
New character posters.

1714683145017.jpeg

I felt like the writers did a great job not to follow standard cliche storylines. There were several times through the series I felt like I knew what was going to happen because you saw it so often, but it went differently.

Such as the case with these special reprogrammed clones. They made such an issue of keeping the identities secret, I thought there was going to be a big reveal. My money was on Tech. I felt like all the signs were there. Some people might be disappointed but I am glad they went that way.
Same here. Lots of fan theories going that way but I'm glad that Filoni didn't give into old tropes and cliches.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back