Done / Completed **Closed**TFA: Melted Vader Helmet (MasterEdi V2)

Go ahead & put me in the who knows if I'll get one list, no but honestly pissed didn't have my funds at the time, I'm ready now

Here is my Vader helmet all painted. @MasterEdi is beyond talented. This is a beautiful sculpt. I decided to purchase the unpainted,
so I could have a hand in the process. It was a very fun paint up. I did not add rust/oxidation even though it looks spectacular on MasterEdi's
build ups because in my opinion Vader's helmet would not be made of material that would rust. Boba Fett's helmet it beat to **** and it has
no rust on it. I may change my mind and add rust later. What do you guys think?

View attachment 774052

That looks awesome!!! :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Looks amazing!, and the list was updated that I may be contacted soon. OMG can't wait

My fingers are crossed for you!

Doesn't look like I'll be able to say I proudly own one of these, as the mold may have died - wanted to follow up on this and say how much I appreciate MasterEdi for attempting to fill this run.

On a related note, if anyone is looking to sell their V2, please let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whaaaaattt...NOOOO!!!

Where’d you hear it’s dead?

I too would take a reasonably priced one if someone wants to sell, say for some Christmas money

... Yes, the original mold is finished... As I was pouring last week , the mold finally gave out... my apologies to those who were wanting one from me. I returned two members their money last week. As I mentioned before there is one RPF member who will receive parts for an attempt to mold and create a new mold. Im finishing, refining those parts now. I don’t believe he will post on here unless he is successful in remolding and casting the helmet...I will be helping him in any way I can...

I want to personally Thank you all for all your support in making this run over the last year... It was a pleasure and honor to do so, sorry I couldn’t make more... If anyone who has V2 helm, and you wish to resell it, please feel free to post here on this thread for members...

... Yes, the original mold is finished... As I was pouring last week , the mold finally gave out... my apologies to those who were wanting one from me. I returned two members their money last week. As I mentioned before there is one RPF member who will receive parts for an attempt to mold and create a new mold. Im finishing, refining those parts now. I don’t believe he will post on here unless he is successful in remolding and casting the helmet...I will be helping him in any way I can...

I want to personally Thank you all for all your support in making this run over the last year... It was a pleasure and honor to do so, sorry I couldn’t make more... If anyone who has V2 helm, and you wish to resell it, please feel free to post here on this thread for members...

Thank you for a truly beautiful prop and for a great run. I love my helmet and feel very lucky to have gotten one.

Sad to hear the mold is dead.
I've been following that whole thread and never said I was interested because the interest list was already crazy full but I enjoyed every picture that was posted and felt great everytime one more successful pull was done.
I must say that MasterEdi, you achieved a really great piece, and you really kept nice and humble all along the way, even now at the end, even encouraging people who want to resell your work to post here. I don't know you and as I said, I never posted on that thread, but I'm very impressed! :thumbsup
congrats, and I hope that someone will be able to successfully continue your work and that maybe, one day, I'll own one of those beasts :)

It's still the coolest thing I own, a true piece of art.

17333905_595035357352561_5019150390432628736_n.jpg

@MasterEdi I was thinking that now that the run is over is there any chance you could design or have one of the guys
here design a numbered certificate of authenticity with your signature and handwritten numbering? I would love
a certificate for mine. I'd be willing to throw is some cash toward getting this done for everyone that bought one.
How many did you make of the V2?

Last edited:
I'm surprised it did make it that long, good job on that! Kudos to the whole project, I can only tip my hat!
Now that the run is closed, I'll take up finishing the molds for my take on the helmet again.

Sorry for the shameless advertisement, but if anyone is interested, I plan to start the first castings for my 3d printed version beginning next year. Hit me up, if you're interested and I'll keep you posted.

@MasterEdi I was thinking that now that the run is over is there any chance you could design or have one of the guys
here design a numbered certificate of authenticity with your signature and handwritten numbering? I would love
a certificate for mine. I'd be willing to throw is some cash toward getting this done for everyone that bought one.

This and/or a plaque with edition sizes would be really cool to add on to a base. Was the list always kept updated? Thirteen show as shipped.

May as well post a new picture of mine....

IMG_2846.JPG

I’d love that!!!

Seeing a V2 up for trade in the junkyard got me thinking about this again. Any luck with creating a new mold?

Just wanted to chime in here. I did, I believe, get the last cast and have a discussion with MasterEdi about taking over the casting and continuing this. The way the helmet/mask is, it takes a toll on the molds and to avoid issues like what MasterEdi has experienced, I've been trying different methods with some good success. I want to update the v2 helmet though before making a new mold, I've already started to change some parts like the tusks and will be focusing on finishing this up so I can continue with another run by early to mid 2019. I had always wanted one of these, to have the ability to continue making them for myself and for others is something I look forward to. Thank you MasterEdi for trusting me with this.

great news, looking forward to see what you come up with! (y) thanks for taking over and thanks MasterEdi for creating that sculpt and allowing shenphong to continue (y)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back