Comic Book Covers

MooCriket

Master Member
Anyone else like me? Appreciate comic book art, sometimes more than the story? I've bought more than a few that had great covers and very poor stories.

Here's some nice covers of Voltron:)
Voltron_number_1_cover.jpg

Voltron_Cover_issue_no_2_by_masterchomic.jpg

I'm a big fan of John Cassaday's cover work.
The funny thing is I stopped buying DC's new Doc Savage comic because I don't like what they are doing with it but when I look on DC's site and see Cassaday's alternate covers I probably would have bought the issues for it. Thank goodness my comic book store doesn't carry the arternate Cassaday art.

Wolf

I know exactly what you mean. Actually when I do find some free time I often sketch some of my favorite covers. I remember, way back in the day in high school, I had taken a graphic arts class, and my first project was an alternate cover of a Batman comic that I did with a sort of cyborg Batman. Pretty cool, got me an "A":)

Here is some more covers, and some fan inspired ones as well:

da717dcc66699aa8cc5861467c1e3a5c.jpg

G_I__Joe_Wallpaper_by_Kenjisan_23.jpg

GI_Joe__Master_and_Apprentice_by_BlondTheColorist.jpg

GI_Joe_pinup_by_BlondTheColorist.jpg

WWII_GI_Joe_Transformers_by_GideonHoss.jpg

I always start with the art of a comic. Good art can make up for a sorry story line, but if the art is bad, I don't care how great the writing is supposed to be, I will just pass on it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back