Cool Sculpting Ideas

rollerboi

Sr Member
I'm sitting here thinking about all the fantastic sculptings we've seen come across our screen, and I got to thinking... what haven't we seen?

Or, what would we like to see, that tends to get overshadowed by the larger/more iconic props?

I liked the creatures from Labyrinth, personally. There's the 'allo worm and the knockers to start with.

(My ulterior motive for asking is because I'm itching to start a clay sculpting project and am running dry on ideas. I've got a lump of clay in the garage from my sculpting class, and want to use it for something.. *chuckle*)

I know the knockers have been done. I saw them this week and for the life of me can't remember where. A guy I know does a Hoggle too.

I want a set of Omen daggers! Sculpt one hilt and sell me seven!;)

pat

For some bizarre reason I really want some lifesize Sandkings (from the first episode of the new Outer Limits series) to put in a tank of sand with a hive/castle in one corner.....

sk3.jpg

skcmp.jpg
sk2cmp.jpg

Nice! That makes me think of the three-eyed toad from that Lemony Snicket movie that I heard about, but haven't seen yet. Hey, Howl - you should turn on your PM's. :)

PM's are already on. :)

Of course, if it's not the Sandkings, there's always the Judas Breed bug from "Mimic" (the baby one she pins to the board to examine) or the Kothoga statue from "The Relic". :cool

I sculpted the 'allo' worm back in college, wish i still had that! i plan on doing the knockers out of latex and polyfoam, i have seen the smaller resin ones, very nice.
On a related topic the labyrinth and dark crystal are getting special edition dvds, with new footage found and a commentary on crystal by Brian froud, should be good
Sorry for the hijack there

Edit, i have just reread my post, obviously i was not on top form missing the comedy knockers bit!

Last edited:
Avoiding for the moment any comments about knockers, latex or otherwise, this thread reminds me of the one concerning the totally ruined refurbishing of the original Hoggle.

I'm sad now...
- Prof. Hubert Farnsworth

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back