Flukes 1/24 Raptor UPDATE:

FLUKE

Howdy resin heads!

Its been a while and I had to set my 1/24 RAPTOR aside for a contract build that took a tad more time than I expected but mostly it was job, family and a 71 Mustang purchase that has been a small distraction :love

I have some new pics of my Raptor....sadly it will not be finished in time for this years Wonderfest... BUT!... it will be there for the Friday night show off and whats up session by the bar and I will use parts of hit for my 'UNIQUE LIGHTING' CLASS this year...so I will see you there right? :angel

Tonight Coby brought his 'NEW' 1/48 Wong's Raptor to the meeting....QUESTION:
was that kit re-worked? cuz that is NOT the same kit I remember!?

All the details were done very well on the raptor but I wanted to make a few improvements.

Even drilling up high and close for the white led placement... the screens would not be as bright as I would like to be seen in a standard lit room so I dremeled out all three sections and made replacement panels that look sharper and will sandwich the art work between the console and the panels ( no masking! ) I avoid masking when I can.

The last pic shows the cooling vent in the front of the console...at least its parts. I stole the perfect 'luver' angle parts from a 1/48 JU-52 interior bulkhead.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow.....I gotta lay off the lacqure thinner!

Holy cow! I thought that was small for 1/48th?....sorry Coby....I had a very LONG day....on top of being a nutcase :confused

So I'm not crazy.....cuz I remember pics of the 1/48 and that was sad!

The super fine details and the amount of parts in that kit where simply amazing! It was like looking at a tiny version of the 1/24 kit and the interior parts count are almost all the same! and the key sections are in CLEAR resin, not to mention it fits together better easier.....NUCKING FUTZ!!!

Back