Limited Run Darth Maul TPM screen accurate lightsaber prop

One piece of info. is needed - the rods. How long do these rods need to be? Someone needs to make a tutorial video. Buying the rods is one thing but then cutting the rods up is another task.

Once I get mine I’ll be doing a full tutorial ;)

I'm concerned about alignment. The two halves must obviously align perfectly. I suspect the way to do this is to begin with a rod that has a length much longer than necessary. Then screw on the two halves until they meet perfectly aligned. This means you need extra length such that the threads of the rod "fit" nicely to get the two halves aligned. This is trial and error. Once that done, then proceed to cut off the excess length on either end of the staff to get the correct length knowing that the halves are already aligned.

I was just doing a mental experiment trying to picture how to get the staff aligned. I don't think it would work if the length of the rod is cut first to the correct length and then try to screw on the two halves. There is no guarantee of alignment at the midpoint of this pre-cut rod.

I'm concerned about alignment. The two halves must obviously align perfectly. I suspect the way to do this is to begin with a rod that has a length much longer than necessary. Then screw on the two halves until they meet perfectly aligned. This means you need extra length such that the threads of the rod "fit" nicely to get the two halves aligned. This is trial and error. Once that done, then proceed to cut off the excess length on either end of the staff to get the correct length knowing that the halves are already aligned.

I was just doing a mental experiment trying to picture how to get the staff aligned. I don't think it would work if the length of the rod is cut first to the correct length and then try to screw on the two halves. There is no guarantee of alignment at the midpoint of this pre-cut rod.

I think that the two main halves just slide onto the rods, then the symmetrical endcaps are screwed on to hold the whole thing together. Like Drew said, alignment shouldn't be too hard, and overall length of the rod will have some wiggle room as long as the endcaps have enough to screw onto without the rod being too long.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back