Darth Sidious lightsaber

Ironchewie

Hi,
My name is Mariusz. This is my first post on forum. I'm huge fun of Star Wars and I really like making costumes, weapons and stuff from this movies. For e.x. Chewbacca costume or Qui-gon Jinn lightsaber.

To produce replicas I use 3d technology. I spent 16h on projecting Sidious lightsaber.

4d34e81b5efe0938c47f01ef558f5b22.jpg

Now I'm printing prototype and show photos after printing is done.

Tell me what do you think?

Wysłane z mojego myPhone_AXE_LTE przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hi Mariusz,

that's an impressive first post ... though not my favourite lighsaber in the STAR WARS Universe ... I clearly do admire your talent, 3D-skills and eye for detail. So according to your introduction am I correct to assume you made a Chewbacca costume already? If so ... do you have any pictures?

Chaim

Great job,I've rarely seen this saber,master replicas is the only one I've ever seen,glad it's getting some love

That looks incredible! Are you printing it in one piece or multiple pieces?

Sym-Cha I already finished Chewbacca costume but it needs some improvments. Like new mask or hair on arms. In costume i have 2,21 meters. Boots ( I made them) give me about 34 cm.

0fd3c2bb36c0be5b33d46fbd00752fe9.jpgDSC01367 (Kopiowanie).JPG

MCM I will print it in 3 parts.
sabre.png
Bottom (ending) part, middle (grip) part and two diffrent top (emmiter) parts because my 3d projects are saber ready. First top part is for replica only and it's thinner on top, and second is prepared for blade.

I'm also working on another sabers. Now I only have 3d models but with time I'll print them.
Savage Opress ls
savage.png

Temple Guard ls
temple.png

Qui-gon Jinn ls
qui-gon.png

And Rey Staff
rey.png
Staff is printed and you can see it on second picture (Obi-wan, Rey and Chewbacca).

That's a massive Chewbacca costume ... excellent! Was that picture taken at Celebration Europe III or elsewhere? And we've come a long way from collecting metal replica lightsabers either licensed or made by other members here or ebay to members making their own with 3D printing parts ... it warms my heart to see so much tender, love and care in the lightsaber workshops all over this forum :)

Chaim

About Chewbacca's photos first was taken in Warsaw Poland and second on Pyrkon in Poland.

Yes, 3d printing technology is awesome. You could print almost anythink. And if you have your own 3d printer it's cost you much less then order from someone. But most important is this that you can make any lightsaber (or other stuff) you imagine :)

Oo I almost forget. On second photo Rey is holding lightsaber. I've made it. It's not my 3d project but i prepared it for saber, print it, assemble, paint, put electronic inside and tada. My first lighting 3d printed lightsaber

Wysłane z mojego myPhone_AXE_LTE przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:
That's awesome! I've always had a weird hate/love for the Sidious saber. Very cool.
You made this in 123D Design, correct? I'd love to know how you got the curve of the body/silver section towards the pommel end of the saber; I'm new to 123D design and wouldn't know where to start!

Reactions: MCM
I've printed prototype but it's very bad looking. But I've got what i want. Scale look ok. Inner diameter fits with battery pack, electronic and saber.

3b0ba57e497a2934f31838ed696c2282.jpg

a6982b30e76cd16a42ac2fa2b893c43d.jpg

f6ea2add55e6fe4f2e51b549b0c61107.jpg

It looks to me like a lot of your printing problems are from overhang. I would suggest either A) splitting up the saber into more parts so that you can orient them differently for better printing fidelity or B) use support material like a real bad mama jama. I would be inclined to go with option A since that would require the least amount of post-print cleanup. Just my $.02 :$

MCM it's not problem becouse It's only prototype printed on cheap 3d printer. The final hilit will be printed on proffesional printer :)

Soooo,
Grip is printed, bottom part is printed. Third part will be printing soon :)
DSC01442 (Kopiowanie).JPGDSC01441 (Kopiowanie).JPGDSC01443 (Kopiowanie).JPG

It's need some smoothing. How does it look?

Oh and I find photo of Anakin's lightsaber which I printed, process and put electronic in it.
miecz (Kopiowanie).JPG

Attachments

• DSC01443.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 119
  • DSC01441.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 89
  • DSC01442.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
nice work, Sidious has always been my favorite pre-quel saber :)

unlike his jedi counterparts, the Emperor actually took pride in the appearance of his tool of trade :) (the jedi lightsabers in comparison, looked like they were slapped together after a shopping spree at the local hardware store :))

can't wait to see the Finnish product

Palpatine's saber from Revenge is one of my favorites and I will be sorely disappointed if this print isn't properly filled and sanded to a smooth surface and painted up nice.

Okay. All the parts are printed.

9d32d5e22d2d7d40057e102e403b832c.jpg

efa06c96fa05b3f1b8e43db6f9f1b4b8.jpg

c345e7220541f06c8776499667910a9f.jpg

eda7d3c4879675eea7e29d87f752d401.jpg

There are two top parts. One is for replica purpouse and othdr for saber. They could be change instantly (after unscrew a screw)

Back