Deadpool 3 (Deadpool & Wolverine) Costume WIP - Sim/procosplay base

tanman96

Hey all! Been a while since I’ve made a build thread here. I wanted to come back as I’ve been working costume & props for productions in the DMV area, and my addiction to costumes and props began here with you fine folks! Anyways, onto the build.

Wanting to make this in time for the premier, I opted to use the SimCosplay base suit. The fabric looks pretty cool and the pattern looks decent. However, all the accessories and mask are pretty subpar, so I’ll either make or purchase proper replacements.

I have an Ender 3 Pro that has been producing all the hard parts. Starting with the shell, I got KoasCosplay’s file on Etsy and resized in Cura un uniformly to better fit my head.

IMG_0799.jpeg

Once the shell was printed, just some simple plastic welding and ta da!

IMG_0803.jpeg

Smoothed and sanded with uv resin
For the eyes, I wrapped the lenses in stretch pleather and the eyes were fur suit mesh found on Etsy. With 8x3mm magnets and foam backing, the lenses were good to go!

IMG_0870.jpeg

The buckle file is from RedzProps on Etsy.

IMG_0893.jpeg

Couldn’t find a good base to make the belt pouches off of, so I learned enough from Blender to make a couple wet mold forms

IMG_0919.jpeg

IMG_0944.jpeg

Dyed in light brown pro dye

IMG_1185.jpeg

After antiquing and some finishing balm, the pouches were assembled with contact cement and the belt was ready for assembly!

IMG_1308.jpeg

The hip flaps are hard to see, so this is the best pattern I could come up with. Thanks to my wife for gifting me a brother st531hd that could sew this thing like a champ.

IMG_1310.jpeg

Illustrastudios’ shoulders sewed right into the SimCosplay shoulder areas (they came right out with a seam ripper).

IMG_1111.jpeg

The mask was fun to figure out. Started with a base made off my head with the faceshell

IMG_0946.jpeg

IMG_0968.jpeg

Pretty happy with the result. I think there’s some gusset in the mask that helps the top seam open up, so I might try to fix that after the premier, but this will do with some airbrushing.

IMG_1351.jpeg

IMG_1350.jpeg

Currently painting the hip holsters and printing the scabbard. More updates to come!

Attachments

• IMG_0946.jpeg
    IMG_0946.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
Hi,
Awesome work, looking forward to seeing the final result

Could you share the sewing template for the mask, please?

I've tried It but i didnt get a good result that fits It.

A week to go so here's an update!

Got the mask glued to the faceshell. I'm convinced there needs to the a gusset for the forehead seams, and I should've used tacky glue for the whole mask, but barge did a decent job. Every project is a learning experience! For my first attempt, I'm pretty happy.

image0 (2).jpeg

Next, I finished sewing the shoulders! I used some spare canvas as bias tape, and after gluing that to the inside of the shoulder's seam allowance, I back stitched by hand with bonded nylon and they look great. I definitely will be gluing the side straps down. The way they kinda float off the sides looks odd. I also plan to remove the plastic hardware and fill the holes before repainting them the correct gold/silver.

image2.jpeg

Next up, drop holsters! Finished painting the base plates, but I had to resize/print the holster as the gold airsoft deagles I purchased didn't quite fit, but I plan to paint those with plastidip tonight. The leather straps are cut and ready to attach once fully assembled.

image1 (2).jpeg

Lastly, the boots! I purchased some used Danner boots on eBay. After some trial and error, I finalized the boot armor pattern and hand cut out of some 4-5oz veg tan. Some red pro dye and leather balm later and they're ready to attach! I do want to weather these up a bit soon, but I might not have time before the premier.

image3.jpeg

Tha-tha-th-that's all folks! ✌️ See you next update!

A week to go so here's an update!

Got the mask glued to the faceshell. I'm convinced there needs to the a gusset for the forehead seams, and I should've used tacky glue for the whole mask, but barge did a decent job. Every project is a learning experience! For my first attempt, I'm pretty happy.

View attachment 1841351

Next, I finished sewing the shoulders! I used some spare canvas as bias tape, and after gluing that to the inside of the shoulder's seam allowance, I back stitched by hand with bonded nylon and they look great. I definitely will be gluing the side straps down. The way they kinda float off the sides looks odd. I also plan to remove the plastic hardware and fill the holes before repainting them the correct gold/silver.

View attachment 1841354

Next up, drop holsters! Finished painting the base plates, but I had to resize/print the holster as the gold airsoft deagles I purchased didn't quite fit, but I plan to paint those with plastidip tonight. The leather straps are cut and ready to attach once fully assembled.

View attachment 1841353

Lastly, the boots! I purchased some used Danner boots on eBay. After some trial and error, I finalized the boot armor pattern and hand cut out of some 4-5oz veg tan. Some red pro dye and leather balm later and they're ready to attach! I do want to weather these up a bit soon, but I might not have time before the premier.

View attachment 1841355

Tha-tha-th-that's all folks! ✌️ See you next update!
Suede Wilson

Back