Deadpool 3

I don't think it's the MCU milking it, in this case anyway, it's Ryan Reynolds. He's had a friendly feud with Hugh Jackman since Deadpool came out trying to get him to reprise his role as Wolverine.
Agreed!... I hear a lot from people in the industry, "It's not show friends, it's show business"...

Well I try to work like it's "show friends", and some of my fave movies are made by people in the "Show friends business" (James Gunn, Kev Smith, etc...)

So never at any point did I think cash grab - I just thought "thank god Logan is SUPPOSED to look like he has years on him. And Hugh looks great!"

Time to start eating steamed chicken and broccoli, deadlift, and mainline TRT!

I was done with Marvel but I'll come back to see Hugh play Wolverine again. I just hope there's no MCU people involved. Keep them away from the production and let Ryan do his thing.

Exactly! When I saw the Variety article where the She-Hulk cast/crew basically said their intent was to p*ss off the fans, not making a great story, I'm done. I think that says what type of fans Marvel wants now. I'll still watch this and Blade though.

But what the F do they even get out of the Rian Johnson approach to deliberately piss off the fans?
I dont know but Im surprised at the number of creatives that seem to get a kick out of dissing on the very material they are tasked to produce and seem to have a disdain for the very fans they are serving.

Tangentially related but regarding the reboot for the '97 X-men cartoon for D+, one requirement for writers is that they must be fans of the material, former writer DeMayo pointing out that for another series he worked on, The Witcher, there were writers who disliked and even actively mocked the books and games the show was based on aka the source material.

This seems to be a trend with writers in modern Hollywood and I cant see this as an even remotely good strategy. Synder telling fans to "get over it" about the fact that Batman kills when his whole point is to not kill (hence why he is a superhero. Its not supposed to be realistic).

I dont know but Im surprised at the number of creatives that seem to get a kick out of dissing on the very material they are tasked to produce and seem to have a disdain for the very fans they are serving.

Tangentially related but regarding the reboot for the '97 X-men cartoon for D+, one requirement for writers is that they must be fans of the material, former writer DeMayo pointing out that for another series he worked on, The Witcher, there were writers who disliked and even actively mocked the books and games the show was based on aka the source material.

This seems to be a trend with writers in modern Hollywood and I cant see this as an even remotely good strategy. Synder telling fans to "get over it" about the fact that Batman kills when his whole point is to not kill (hence why he is a superhero. Its not supposed to be realistic).
It's more than "Get over it":rolleyes: The word "Canon" is no longer in their vocab.:eek: Under the guise of "Fiction/Fantasy/it's only a movie" excuses, everything that, once, was up is now down(n)

I'm expecting the news about DEADPOOL 3 to start flowing fast & heavy, now that they're filming, but the first big but of confirmed news is...

Jennifer Garner will be returning as Elektra.

Rumors are also going around that both Ben Affleck & Chris Evans will appear as Daredevil & Johnny Storm, but those are unconfirmed.

Oh... & this was just released...

Screenshot_20230710-104649.png

If all the plot rumors I'm hearing are true, folks might want to catch up on the LOKI series & especially familiarize themselves with the TVA.

If I recall, a lot of the Wolverine physic is going to be CGI enhanced in this one because Jackman just doesn't want to put himself through the kind of ware and tear at his age that the diet, exercise, and steroid supplements he'd need to pull it off again, would put him through.
Sleeves are going to be an easy way to help that look better.

I'm hearing that this film will be the true Swan Song for the original 2000's X-Men, & the plot will involve the ending of the last DP, the TVA, & the current MARVEL phase to give them the credit they deserve.

The destroyed 20th Century Fox logo gives that some credence to those reports.

All rumors of course, but the reported possibilities of seeing multiple versions of characters we know, played by multiple or the same actors has me excited for this more than almost anything upcoming.

*********, if they don't give him the mask I am going to be pissed!
Seriously. I'm already miffed Thor barely wore a helmet and Cap didn't have actual wings and a proper cowl (I don't care what anyone says, it could've been done in a non-goofy way!).

Just give me ONE scene with him wearing the mask! And it's gotta have white eyes like Deadpool's.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back