DeAgo Falcon on the kitchen table

btw, if anyone has any tips or advise, particularly now in the beginning...I'm all ears! Just opened part 1, not entirely sure I want back-lit for the cockpit back wall as opposed to a 308 bit with FO, but since these pieces would in that even get replaced...I'll give it a go and see what it looks like.

Welcome to what’ll be an epic build my friend.(y)
Knowing your penchant for the MF, you’re gonna have a blast lighting, modding, and detailing to your hearts content at - Studio Scale no less ! ;)
How much you end up using 3rd party parts is up to you of course, but there’ll be so much a guy with your skills will be able to do too, by scratching and modding.
A positive note about starting this now, is that there’s so much information and inspirational builds out there to get your (already abundant) creative juices going no matter where you end up going with this (n):D!

Best of luck mate..., oh, and subbed of course !

Ged

btw, if anyone has any tips or advise, particularly now in the beginning...I'm all ears! Just opened part 1, not entirely sure I want back-lit for the cockpit back wall as opposed to a 308 bit with FO, but since these pieces would in that even get replaced...I'll give it a go and see what it looks like.

Since there is a corridor leading up to the cockpit that can be easily seen, you'll want to detail the back of the cockpit back wall...or, in this case the entrance to the cockpit. Lighting here will be tricky for sure.

box ONE...I decided I didn't like the cast lines on the gun barrels so I filed and polished them. Also drilled the barrel ends rather than dab black paint on the ends of the barrel. Also took a fun pic showing the size difference to the PG.

Attachments

• d1.jpeg
    d1.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 474
  • d2.jpeg
    d2.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 481
  • d3.jpeg
    d3.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 481
  • d4.jpeg
    d4.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 510
  • d5.jpeg
    d5.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 547
  • d6.jpeg
    d6.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 482
Wow... That is considerably larger than the PG Falcon! I need me one... Lol

Yes my brother, you are quite correct...you do!(y):lol:

I would love to get one myself but I first have to win the lottery (or stop buying any other models for a year) :lol:

I was hoping to do a poor man's Diagostini with the Hasbro one.
42435575742_5ef157a4b7.jpg

41584437915_be34971426.jpg

It comes out to 1/48 instead of 1/43 so it is slightly smaller than a 1 to 1 replica of the 32" but still pretty big. But having spent around 150 just one side wall sets and a new cockpit cone, I could wind up spending nearly the cost of the Diagostini itself if I go all out on upgrades. And even then you have to deal with the crap plastic it is made from where nothing sticks to it without using bumper adhesion promoter

It's kind of akin to buying an MPC and then upgrading it instead of just saving for the PG :lol:
(although the shape and proportions of it are actually very accurate, just the greeblie details that need help)

I've seriously given thought to selling it all off as a down payment for the Diagostini

After all, there is a 30% sale on the full kit here Build The Millennium Falcon | Full Kit

the first pic is the PG, I didn't notice there were greebs missing from the DF before I shot it...so I did what I could to match the PG. the stuff behind the gun base and to the sides, also the round thing on the right side. Not exact, but it gets it done I think. Better than leaving it bare.

Attachments

• d7.jpeg
    d7.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 385
  • d8.jpeg
    d8.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 369
  • d9.jpeg
    d9.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 370
  • d10.jpeg
    d10.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 374
ugh...I just realized my freshly finished FM in my Echo Base dio doesn't have the greeblies on the gun turret either! But, in that case I can cannibalize one of the MPC's that I'll never build. Chop the desired pieces from an MPC turret, thin the underside down and stick them to the FM. I'm also going to have to check if 308 bits has replacement shield projectors for the DeAgo. I really don't like the style that comes on the FM and DaAgo...they look like a toaster with the crumb tray pulled out :eek:

With those few mods around the turret, I take it you’re after the 5ft model look eh!
Are you planning to be selective with the details/modifications or going to go all out ?

With those few mods around the turret, I take it you’re after the 5ft model look eh!
Are you planning to be selective with the details/modifications or going to go all out ?
Hey Ged,

Yes, selective. there are certain components I like better than others, and I'm not a purist for specific accuracy.

I hear ya Ross, as far as accuracy goes.
Did/doing the same for mine, taking elements from both filming models - surface detail mods, markings, paint/weathering...etc, no way could I even attempt a straight, realistic ‘replica’ - don’t have either the skills or resources for it.
Besides, it’s fun to take a leaf out of Han’s book - ‘special mods of my own’:lol:

I'm working on the hold wall today. Seems a bit sparse for detail but I have no intent to try to duplicate the images shown in the booklet. I added some left over greebs from the PG stock front lower pits. Since I went ESB on the PG, there were some really good pieces left over...and I never toss anything that looks useful ;) I'll post a couple pics later tonight(y)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back