Deagostini Falcon extra lighting question

All sold, production in progress.
wip_001.jpg

wip_002.jpg

I see mine!

I like the high tech eye gear. ;)

Sometimes I feel like my magnifying visor should be permanently attached to my head.

Hooookayyyyy... another day, another chance to add depth to the Falcon...

tengel07 Torsten, are you going to update info on here on a regular basis or is FB the preferred place for staying informed and, more importantly, not miss out on the new run?

Need help/clarification regarding the Deago board please !
The boards made to work with a 9V@1A adapter right ?, but due to some issues with the ‘transistors’ there’s a possibility of causing damage, however , I’ve tried using a 6V@1.5mA and the Engine strips fail to light up. The ramp still works but at a slower speed too....,and that result was just running power through 1 board with no ‘added’ lighting !?

So my question is - would using a 6V@3A(+ increased Amps ) be o.k., will it provide enough power to light everything Deago supplied, plus additional lighting ‘shared’ over 2x Deago boards, or will it also cause further problems ( the extra ampere’s) - or should I just stick to 9V@1A to power my setup below ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I’ve included a pic of my current setup.
1936991F-01E5-4342-BF6B-64DDF44AB453.jpeg

Last edited:
1,5mA?
The main point is, the de Ago Board is bad designed, the voltage of the power supply is provided to the leds, only the resistors on the led strips and soldered to the leds reduces the current. But, it makes a difference in the current goes throught the led with different voltage.
So, with 6V the max. Current runs through the transistors and the leds, with the 9V power supply the current goes over the limit of transistors and leds, especially with additional leds. This cause the dead of the board soon or later.
So, its a good choice to use a power supply with 6V, the current should by at least 1A - more is better to keep the power supply safe.

1,5mA?
The main point is, the de Ago Board is bad designed, the voltage of the power supply is provided to the leds, only the resistors on the led strips and soldered to the leds reduces the current. But, it makes a difference in the current goes throught the led with different voltage.
So, with 6V the max. Current runs through the transistors and the leds, with the 9V power supply the current goes over the limit of transistors and leds, especially with additional leds. This cause the dead of the board soon or later.
So, its a good choice to use a power supply with 6V, the current should by at least 1A - more is better to keep the power supply safe.

Thanks for responding Torsten. It must be frustrating to repeat yourself (to me), but I do appreciate your time & help.
The 6V @ 1.5mA is the output on my already purchased variable (3-12V) adapter.
When I tested this output on a single Deago board (Y - connector wasn’t attached) with only the supplied ramp & Engine strips connected - only the Ramp worked at a slower speed which I don’t mind, but the engine (led) strips didn’t work at all !

That’s why I’m asking if I should purchase another (specific) 6V adapter with a higher Amps output @ 3A or higher , and will that be enough to power everything Deago supplied & my own additions which all have resistors soldered on to them ?

Ged

For all who want to get a replacement board: i plan to run a new batch with 20 boards in November - planned delivery is first week of december.
PM for details.
Also a replacement board is under development for the de Ago X-wing....

regards
Torsten.

Hi Torsten, just wondering if you are making anymore Falcon replacement boards? Thanks a lot
i paid and was waiting, but he cancelled and refunded.
In the end, I went with cheap arduiono mega and got leds, fibre, audio, and neopixel engines. all boiught cheap online from Aliexpress.

i paid and was waiting, but he cancelled and refunded.
In the end, I went with cheap arduiono mega and got leds, fibre, audio, and neopixel engines. all boiught cheap online from Aliexpress.

That is what I have in mind doing, but atm nonidea where to start. Would you mind posting a few specs of your solution and probably a few wip pics?

[QUOTE = "tengel07, publicação: 4303258, membro: 134742"]
Isso é algo que você planeja disponibilizar para compra? - Sim
É para ser mais robusto do que a placa anêmica Deago? - Sim
Poderia ser feito para ter soquetes extras para iluminação adicional? - Sim

Arduino nano
14 canais de saída
Rampa
pode ser ligado / desligado pelo Dego Remote Control

Opcional
Aplicativo Bluetooth + Android (sem IOS, por causa de coisas inúteis e interrompidas para o desenvolvimento da maçã ...)
Som (arquivos mp3)
[/ CITAR]

ainda disponível?

For all who want to get a replacement board: i plan to run a new batch with 20 boards in November - planned delivery is first week of december.
PM for details.
Also a replacement board is under development for the de Ago X-wing....

regards
Torsten.
are you still making boards. im in nyc

I am SUPER late to this party, but if there's an elegant solution to the whoe lighting problem, i would really appreciate a pointer, please.

I'm currently planning to start a new series on my board for the millennium falcon.
The deAgostini Falcon is now available in France and i guess the will be some interest from the new builder.
stay tune for futher information and if you like to get a board just send a PM.

Thanks.

That's great. I have two of your boards (I have yet to use them). I'll be interested in any improvements your make.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back