"Death" from Terry Pratchetts "Discworld"

tk6214

So i'm trying to get reference pictures for a costume of Death from discworld
I'm trying to get a sculpt of this going.
anyone from the UK have any making of pictures?

Last edited:
Re: Death Discworld

oh my this is brilliant!
thank you so much, now just to learn how to make finger extension gloves

Re: "Death" from Larry Pratchetts "Discworld"

Larry Pratchett? Funny. There's an author by a similar name that also writes a discworld series. I believe his name is Terry though :lol

Seriously. Fix that please.

Really sad thing is it might not be long before he can't remember his name anyway.

Bernard Pearson aka the Cunning Artificer has a couple of omega brooches from Death's cloak and belt.

personal adornments

Death's Brooch:
deathbroochmain.jpg

Death's Belt Buckle:
deathsbelt.jpg

It seems that both are out of stock at the moment but Bernard usually gets them in withing a week or two at most.

Last edited:

"Death" from Larry Pratchetts "Discworld"

Please edit the post title it's Terry Pratchett.
thanks2.gif

An anthropomorphic personification of death

So I am building Death from Discworld and I need some advice on the cloak, I need suggestions of how tall it should be, what pattern to use and most importantly what fabric I should use.
This is the example I'm working with along with stills from the movie.
Any help of tips would be grand. Thanks!
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Re: An anthropomorphic personification of death

Death in the books is described as being a seven foot tall skeleton in a black hood and robe. The material shown in the movies look alittle too shiny for what I imagine Death would wear. I guess it depends on which portrayal of Death you wan to imulate, books or movies.

Keep at it. I'd love to see this completed.

Any other Pratchett fans here or anyone form the UK that could give some insights?

Having been a fan of Pratchett for many years I'd say Death should probably stand at seven foot tall and his robe should be made of something incredibly black - off the top of my head the best thing for that would be a very heavy velvet or a very heavy black wool.

The robe needs to look very heavy to pull the look off - and be closed with one of these:

Discworld Death's Brooch

:)

Skor I'm buying the buckle on saturday. the belt buckle is the right size for Death, the brooch was Susans
right now I have the mask on order from an amazing guy from Macabre Puppets and now my biggest challenge is making the hands and the scythe.

The hands i'm using YouTube - Bringing DEATH to life as a guide but i'm very new to casting and making gloves like this.
the fingers are going to the hardest part of it all.

The scythe I am planing on making out of aluminum pipe / tubing so I can put a slight bend to it and then paint it, and I have a friend that is a metal worker so she can make the blade for me.

I'm debating on making feet but walking around dragon con will be unpossible!

anyone know of a place that cna mould me some extra large bone hands that i can sandwitch my hands inbetween them in some black gloves? i honestly don't how to go about making bone hands that are twice as large as my own hands

Allen's Halloween Page: Grim Reaper Costume
I had this page bookmarked in one of my project files. It has a description about making articulated skeletal hands. Not a lot of pictures but give a fair description of how they were made. Not sure how strong a hand would be made this way but the page mentioned the user was able to hand out Halloween candy with it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back