Denuo Novo Luke Helmet (with Custom Improvements)

Sold for 379 USD
This listing is for a wearable replica of the helmet worn by Luke Skywalker in the original Star Wars trilogy. This is an officially-licensed replica from Denuo Novo (who took over the high-end Star Wars license after Anovos went bankrupt).

In addition, I've personally improved this helmet. For some reason, the company decided to color the red "cheek blocks" with red decals rather than paint. The problem is that those blocks each have six circular indentations, which happen to be right where your fingers go when you put the helmet on. The decals would lie flat across the gaps, not sink into them. And so if your fingers press those indentations, they will pop holes right through the decals and leave glaring white dots underneath. I was aware of this problem after hearing several buyers complain about it. So when I bought this, I used a scalpel to carefully remove the decals from those 12 spots. Then, I used a matching red paint to paint them in, and then weathered them. They now look much better than before. And more importantly, you don't have to worry about avoiding them when you're holding the helmet.

This item is brand new, with all of the accessories and original packaging. The helmet is fully lined, and it includes the earpieces, chinstrap, and additional padding for size adjustment. When it arrived, I took it out of the box to make sure everything was included and intact, and to make the aforementioned paint improvements. It's been stored in the original box since then. Denuo Novo charges $500 + tax/postage for this item, so this is a great way to get the item at a steep discount.

The winner will receive the exact item in the photos, so please refer to those for a closer look. US Shipping is $19. International Shipping is $65. Thank you for viewing this listing!

DSC_1918.JPG

The fix looks great. What color did you use? I have the same issue with mine.
Thank you for your kind words! It really does look so much better with the proper indentations, so I recommend this to anyone who has this helmet. Here are the steps I took:
  1. Using your fingers, press on the indented sections to pop the decal out of all 12 dots.
  2. Use a scalpel or hobby knife to carefully trim the edges, until there's no overhanging decal in any of them. You should be left with 12 big white spots on the helmet now.
  3. For the red paint, I used Testors "Stop Light Red" Enamel Model Paint. This is a "hot" paint that will badly interact when applied on top of other paint or decals. So be careful not to paint all of the way up to the decal edges, because it could warp it. Instead, leave a thin white ring between the paint and decal.
  4. Once that dries, you can use any black acrylic paint for the weathering. Because acrylic is a "cold" paint, it won't harshly affect the decal (as long as you don't get it too wet). So you can use the black paint to fill in the rings between the red paint and the decal, and then continue to paint over the red dots until they look properly grimy.
Hopefully that helps!

Thank you for your kind words! It really does look so much better with the proper indentations, so I recommend this to anyone who has this helmet. Here are the steps I took:
  1. Using your fingers, press on the indented sections to pop the decal out of all 12 dots.
  2. Use a scalpel or hobby knife to carefully trim the edges, until there's no overhanging decal in any of them. You should be left with 12 big white spots on the helmet now.
  3. For the red paint, I used Testors "Stop Light Red" Enamel Model Paint. This is a "hot" paint that will badly interact when applied on top of other paint or decals. So be careful not to paint all of the way up to the decal edges, because it could warp it. Instead, leave a thin white ring between the paint and decal.
  4. Once that dries, you can use any black acrylic paint for the weathering. Because acrylic is a "cold" paint, it won't harshly affect the decal (as long as you don't get it too wet). So you can use the black paint to fill in the rings between the red paint and the decal, and then continue to paint over the red dots until they look properly grimy.
Hopefully that helps!
It does, thank you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back