District 9 Mech Lego

MooCriket

Master Member
Not my picture. (If it's yours, let me know and I'll remove if you wish).
3897060287_4c5fb0198b_b.jpg

Cool work, so anyone have ideas on which lego's to use?

It's possible... There are some odd flat & angled pieces I don't recognize (perhaps from SW kits), but a lot of general 'greeblie' type bricks and detail bits. Lots of minifig hands, and at lest six minifig skis.

-Mike J.

The bike and the trash can are from lego City. The brown bike chain looking thing is from the SW kit.

The rest aren't from any particular kit but my son says he has all of them.

FB

I can't place the "knee caps" or a few pieces on the top, but other than those it's all fairly standard LEGO bits. I think I've got most if it in my "extra pieces" bin... just not in the right colors of course... they're never in the right colors :unsure

</lurk>

Something I can actually help with? :eek

I'm active in the online Lego community, so I know two things off the top of my head that may be useful:

It's unclear whether anyone here knows this (Images spreading over the internet tend to lose accreditation, so it's understandable not to know the original source), but the original model was built by Brian "Mondayn00dle" Kescenovitz.

Second, you don't have to buy the bricks from sets (Or raid your childrens' collections. :lol ) Bricklink's got your back there. (I suppose it could be difficult to find the parts, though, for someone who's not used to the names.)

<lurk>

</lurk>

Something I can actually help with? :eek

I'm active in the online Lego community, so I know two things off the top of my head that may be useful:

It's unclear whether anyone here knows this (Images spreading over the internet tend to lose accreditation, so it's understandable not to know the original source), but the original model was built by Brian "Mondayn00dle" Kescenovitz.

Second, you don't have to buy the bricks from sets (Or raid your childrens' collections. :lol ) Bricklink's got your back there. (I suppose it could be difficult to find the parts, though, for someone who's not used to the names.)

<lurk>

Thanks for the link!:thumbsup

Not a lego or District 9...but this toys screams D9! I just picked up an Avatar Amp suit toy from Wal-Mart (I've seen at Target as well).

dragonballzcentral_2073_558753939.jpg

Here is another image of an Avatar Amp suit maquete you can get from here, to give you alittle more detail of what it is:
ampsuit8-550x787.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/08/21/cool-stuff-avatar-amp-suit-maquette/

Really an awesome toy, and the toy in the first pic that I bought tonight is going at Wal-Mart and Target for $20.00. It even comes with a rifle that looks like a spot on copy of the District 9 mech gun!:)(y)thumbsup

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back