Unlimited Run District 9 - SMG Kit

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE: Each D9 Weapon now has it's own thread...
Assault Rifle
- Unlimited Run - District 9 Assault Rifle Kit
Exo Suit Rifle - Unlimited Run - District 9 Exo Suit Rifle Kit
Sonic Wave Gun - Unlimited Run - District 9 Sonic Wave Gun Kit
Submachine Gun - this thread

On offer here we have a full scale 3D printed kit of the Submachine Gun (SMG) from District 9.

xaj2NWx.png

(Pics sourced online)

A lot of time has been spent on the design to give you the most accurate kit available...

ANcAKED.jpg

The kit will come in numerous parts so the usual kit assembly, clean-up and prep is required. But the results are well worth it!

2mtN1vZ.jpg

And here's one finished...

s4D1eqh.jpg

UyMC1NR.jpg

p0jRMb5.jpg

xeJAT60.jpg

SmDdLGU.jpg

Price is as follows...

SMG Kit - $285
Shipping - $40/kit (worldwide)
Total - $325 USD

Send payment to my paypal account - tarrymortlock@gmail.com

Please ensure payments are in USD. Don't forget to include your RPF name, your address and your phone number in the Paypal details (don't PM me your address), then post in this run that you have paid and I will update the list below. Kit's will be sent out in the same order of payments received. Shipping is $40 per kit regardless of multiple kits ordered.

@Soulinertia has offered to do a run of vinyl stickers for each D9 weapon! Those who have purchased from @Soulinertia know just how talented he is and the excellence of his work. Super stoked to have him on board!

Thanks guys! Hope you enjoy these awesome guns.
Cheers,
T.

Purchase List

1. RhinoActual - Received
2. 3oin - Received
3. FuseNova - Received
4. D48thRonin - Received
5. darthwhitey - Received
6. mrbungle - Received
7. RbbyRbt - Received
8. feevrt - Received
9. The5thElement - Received
10. Tuckanator -Received
11. Soulinertia - Received
12. Sam Lowry - Received
13. vectorzero - Received
14. michaelbenge1 (etsy) - Received
15. paulosaurus (etsy) - Received
16. Blackhawk (etsy) - Received
17. Sam Lowry - Received
18. vectorzero - Received
19. Ictiettd (etsy) - Received
20. david (etsy) - Received
21. Daniel M (etsy) - Received
22. Lauren (etsy) - Received

As requested in our other runs I've done a video tutorial on 3D kits. Pretty basic stuff, but if you're new to building 3D kits you may find these helpful. These videos will focus on the SMG kit, but as I point out, the same principles will apply to any of our 3D printed kits. Please excuse the cheesiness... shot and edited on the iPhone. :rolleyes:

TMAX PROPS - Introduction
First up is a bit about me, my thoughts on build threads and some info on the SMG kit.

Part 1: Prep Work
In this vid we will address kit assembly and surface preparation.

Part 2: Paint, Weathering, Decals & Finishing
In this video we tackle painting, weathering, decal application & finishing

Last edited:
Hey guys, I started an insta account just for my prop collection - tmax_props

Also, for the last week or so I’ve been posting stories and behind-the-scenes of Broken, the movie I wrote/directed. Follow along on fb or on
Instagram - tarrymortlock

Cheers,
T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update - we've printed the last of the current AR orders. The 2 new printers arrived this week and we have spent the last couple days tweaking and test-printing. SMG printing will begin this week. Thanks guys for your patience!

Interest list has been change to purchase list.

Cheers,
T.

Rhino, so rad! What is the length of your Weta Arc Gun? I started 3d printing the one from MyMiniFactory, but I feel like its 20% too small. Could I bother you for a few measurements?

Rhino, so rad! What is the length of your Weta Arc Gun? I started 3d printing the one from MyMiniFactory, but I feel like its 20% too small. Could I bother you for a few measurements?
It is 41" long. I don't want to hijack the thread (Sorry TMax) so PM me if you need more and I will get you the numbers you need.

Guys, thanks for your patience with this run. Couple things have slowed us down a bit - printers arriving late, taking a few days to tweak them and then my printer burnt his hand pretty bad. He's on the mend which is good news and we should be in full swing later this week.

Here's a little teaser...

z5oJPG7.jpg

pls add me to list! loved ur arc gun build thread. If the currency exchange swings in my favour i may grab one of those aswell but i definately need this one. thanks

pls add me to list! loved ur arc gun build thread. If the currency exchange swings in my favour i may grab one of those aswell but i definately need this one. thanks

No probs, I'll add you to the interest list. If you want to be next in line for a kit then go ahead and make payment and you'll go on the purchase list.

Cheers,
T.

Just picking up on those two pics from TMax, some sanding and high-build primer takes out those print lines and gets the parts ready for gluing together and heading towards paint (AR parts in this case):

AR 1.jpg

A lot of work but absolutely well-worth the effort!

Just picking up on those two pics from TMax, some sanding and high-build primer takes out those print lines and gets the parts ready for gluing together and heading towards paint (AR parts in this case):

View attachment 816377

A lot of work but absolutely well-worth the effort!

Looking Great mate! You posting a built thread?

Tmax, Yes I will. Just need to make sure I don’t get too carried away and forget to take pics at the right points!

Tmax, Yes I will. Just need to make sure I don’t get too carried away and forget to take pics at the right points!

Yeah, that can happen. Lol.

One thing I would suggest is joining the main body parts together before you apply filler-primer paint, as it will help to hide the joins. So my process is...

1 initial sand of individual pieces
2 glue main parts together
3 putty the joins (seams)
4 sand the putty
5 apply filler-primer
6 sand then looking for areas to re-apply putty
7 sand again then more filler-primer

Also, you are then applying the glue to the plastic surfaces, not to a painted surface. If you apply glue to a painted surface, the glue can just pull the paint off, so it's not as strong.

Yeah, that can happen. Lol.

One thing I would suggest is joining the main body parts together before you apply filler-primer paint, as it will help to hide the joins. So my process is...

1 initial sand of individual pieces
2 glue main parts together
3 putty the joins (seams)
4 sand the putty
5 apply filler-primer
6 sand then looking for areas to re-apply putty
7 sand again then more filler-primer

Also, you are then applying the glue to the plastic surfaces, not to a painted surface. If you apply glue to a painted surface, the glue can just pull the paint off, so it's not as strong.

Good advice Tmax. Thanks for that. What type of filler do you use. I've tried filler for plastic model kits but sometimes the primer doesn't adhere to it. I've also tried filler for plastic bumpers on cars, but that damn stuff goes hard before I can apply it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back