Unlimited Run District 9 - SMG Kit

Nice work Tarry and the rest of the "team"

I'd be all over you d9 guns if I hadn't stopped building/collecting props.

Z

Thanks Z. Guys like you inspired me to do these and get them as accurate as poss. Still a huge fan of your Exo-suit rifle build! Amazing.

awfully good of you to say that old boy :)

you are getting quite a portfolio of work together, keep it up!

z

awfully good of you to say that old boy :)

you are getting quite a portfolio of work together, keep it up!

z

Thanks mate. It's awesome to be able to offer to other collectors props that I love myself. And super stoked they are exceeding expectations. :)

Hey Tarry, I just ordered an SMG kit via your Etsy shop. I have absolutely no kit building experience whatsoever, but your build videos really inspired me to attempt this! And I love all the D9 guns so I figured I'd give it a try. Really excited to get started!

-Gene

Hey Tarry, I just ordered an SMG kit via your Etsy shop. I have absolutely no kit building experience whatsoever, but your build videos really inspired me to attempt this! And I love all the D9 guns so I figured I'd give it a try. Really excited to get started!

-Gene

Thanks Gene, no doubt you will have a blast. Take your time and remember it’s all a learning experience so it doesn’t have to be perfect. Which is half the beauty of these D9 guns, they are all far from perfect on screen and that’s what makes them cool. (y)

-Gene

Hey Gene, your kit has shipped.
Cheers,
T.

I just wanted to say how happy I am with this kit. It's been a pleasure doing business with Tarry. Anyone considering this kit won't be disappointed.

Now I just have to find the time to actually start working on it :D

-Gene

I just wanted to say how happy I am with this kit. It's been a pleasure doing business with Tarry. Anyone considering this kit won't be disappointed.

Now I just have to find the time to actually start working on it :D

-Gene
Thanks mate, stoked you are happy with it. Enjoy the build and post pics! (y)

Hey guys finally onto a build tutorial video series. Pretty basic stuff, but if you're new to building 3D kits you may find these helpful. These videos will focus on the SMG kit, but as I point out, the same principles will apply to any of our 3D printed kits.

TMAX PROPS - Introduction
First up is a bit about me, my thoughts on build threads and some info on the kit itself.

Part 1: Prep Work
In this vid we will address kit assembly and surface preparation.

Part 2: Paint and Weathering
Coming soon
Awesome, I have this kit and you show some great tips!

Hey TMAX,
What are your thoughts on the black and white paint finish? Gloss, matt or satin (semi-gloss)? Thanks,
Depends on what look you want. I prefer a Matt finish myself for the D9 weapons. Just remember to do any silver weathering AFTER your clear coat. Otherwise the clear will make the silver turn grey.

My progress so far.....all built and painted, just need to weather and distress. Also added LEDs, one blue (left side), one red (right side). Great kit, looks fantastic when you get it all together.
67026211_2173247686300224_8764888332455903232_n.jpg
67139180_1052015024997137_3189995072573669376_n.jpg
67374711_387154305492913_2647088902594101248_n.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back