I noticed something tonight while watching EMPIRE. When Luke falls in Cloud City he looks to be carrying the same style resin blaster he used on Dagobah..
View attachment 853237View attachment 853238View attachment 853239View attachment 853240
The scope/mount looks to have either broken off or was taken off. But what’s interesting is the paint job. It looks like they painted it with the scope and mount already attached??
Never noticed that before.
Perhaps it was used as he slid down the chute- they removed it so he'd be more comfortable.

Nice collage, but you've gotta find another photo instead of Solo shooting himself in the head! ;)

Lol I know! But the only other one I had was this one and he has his eyes closed?! Seems like Ford is always closing his eyes when he shots his blaster. I guess he would have made a good stormtrooper after all (if he didn’t get kicked out that is) ;)
DF6FE3C6-56BB-4B99-8E24-C4AD4470EBE1.jpeg

^ also, that one might be "Luke's" blaster! Ford used both live fires when filming that sequence and it seems like the M19 above might be the cut light port one :)

I am pretty keen on a DL44 - just no idea how one would get one here to Australia. There are Mausers on the market here... but I'm the sort of guy who sends things off the propmakers like yourself... so same problem. chubsANDdoggers do you have a view on this? Any experience with international transfers of DL44s?

I am pretty keen on a DL44 - just no idea how one would get one here to Australia. There are Mausers on the market here... but I'm the sort of guy who sends things off the propmakers like yourself... so same problem. chubsANDdoggers do you have a view on this? Any experience with international transfers of DL44s?

Not sure what u mean by “who sends things off the porpmakers like yourself”. I’m pretty sure its a complement but just not sure exactly what u mean is all. As far as mailing into Australia I’ve been told that as long as it’s disassemble (Mauser in two parts and all the kits in pieces) it shouldn’t be a problem? Not a 100% sure as I can’t afford to risk it myself but FM has done that I believe. A lot of the fun is building it urself anyhow so if this is true then as long as the base parts are modified to be accurate then u should be golden! ?

Absolutely its a complement! You make incredible pieces! :notworthy: Whilst for some, its all about the building, for others its about learning the lore and history, owning and holding part of that history. I am not skilled at making things by hand - I am a digital craftsman - and I prefer to get things made by people much more talented than myself! As you know there are several on this site that make a business of builder props for others.

Maybe it comes down to sending the components separately? I suppose I ought to talk to my local customs officers...

A quick google search shows that you must have permission from your "State or Territory Police" to import an imitation firearm into Australia. From an outsider's point of view, I would certainly consider a DL-44 replica to be an "imitation firearm", but it looks like it's possible for you to import it.

What I was trying to ask was what is the length of the U-shaped thing at the bottom the gun (you talked about it on page two). Anyhow its fine now, I eyeballed it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back