Do we know what the inside of Vader’s helmet prop looks like? (ANH/ESB/ROTJ)

This one is of Bob Anderson with the stunt mask with acrylic cut-outs. Vader's mask on Prowse had his eyes dead center looking out of them, as seen in the ANH shot in his tie-fighter.
Am I understanding correctly, these two helmets are the same?! And the yellow arrow is his eye?
IMG_5025.jpeg
IMG_5026.jpeg

Am I understanding correctly, these two helmets are the same?! And the yellow arrow is his eye?

I don't know if they're the sames mask (I don't know how many of these were made) but the only masks with the cut out cheeks and chins were the stunt masks made for Bob Anderson to wear for the fencing scenes, and you can see the cut-out cheeks in the close-up on Vader.

As for the eyes behind the lenses, I honestly don't know what I'm looking at. They could be, they could be something else; I can't make any definite claims beyond that it's Bob in these close-ups and not David Prowse.

I don't know if they're the sames mask (I don't know how many of these were made) but the only masks with the cut out cheeks and chins were the stunt masks made for Bob Anderson to wear for the fencing scenes, and you can see the cut-out cheeks in the close-up on Vader.

As for the eyes behind the lenses, I honestly don't know what I'm looking at. They could be, they could be something else; I can't make any definite claims beyond that it's Bob in these close-ups and not David Prowse.
I only ask because I had no idea those were the clear cheek vader masks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back