Hoping to find a 3d modeler.

CAPNMURICAH

Hello RPFers.
I recently began research for the final visor in my Cyclops visor trilogy, the X Men Apocalypse Astonishing esque visor from the deleted scene and final team shot. Sadly my piece of junk computer cant run any free modelling software let alone the expensive stuff. I was hoping someone could help me. Ive included reference if youre willing to give it a shot. I really like the design but would it be possible to remove the flat plate on the top mid forehead that makes that wierd brow I marked in red and instead just smooth to match the rest of the visor. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Ct6Z_vLXYAQEMgX.jpg
    Ct6Z_vLXYAQEMgX.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 282
  • Ct4HvoTXYAE6TNJ.jpg
    Ct4HvoTXYAE6TNJ.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Cyclops-x-Men-Apocalypse.jpg
    Cyclops-x-Men-Apocalypse.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 20181130_003055.jpg
    20181130_003055.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 384
  • frntviw.jpeg
    frntviw.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,271
Last edited:
Got some work on it. Haven’t had much time but I have all day to work on this now. Still have a lot to do but I’m excited to work on this since it’s something I’ve never modeled before.

Attachments

• E674D2FF-4634-4218-8E6C-3E521044D2D9.jpeg
    E674D2FF-4634-4218-8E6C-3E521044D2D9.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 269
Got some work on it. Haven’t had much time but I have all day to work on this now. Still have a lot to do but I’m excited to work on this since it’s something I’ve never modeled before.
Wow Thank you so much man! Thats really cool! Thanks for the follow as well! Really awesome of you to do it for free!

Do you know if there are other files available for the visors? I have only been able to find one on thingiverse.

Do you know if there are other files available for the visors? I have only been able to find one on thingiverse.
I think that that's the only one on the market right now. Ill send the one in the first post as a file to you when its finished if you like the design.

Update on the model:
Shaped the cheek area, took a lot of trial and error since I am not an expert by any means. I think it turned out alright for my "cheat" methods.
Still have some more work to do on the eye cut piece, and I'll also model buttons to fit into the holes on the sides of the visor.
One picture is only shaded to get rid of those wonky lines, and to sort of simulate how it would look in real life.

Attachments

• Visor 3.JPG
    Visor 3.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Visor 2.JPG
    Visor 2.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 193
Update on the model:
Shaped the cheek area, took a lot of trial and error since I am not an expert by any means. I think it turned out alright for my "cheat" methods.
Still have some more work to do on the eye cut piece, and I'll also model buttons to fit into the holes on the sides of the visor.
One picture is only shaded to get rid of those wonky lines, and to sort of simulate how it would look in real life.
WHOAH dude! Not a pro modeller? Id never know the difference, I love it! I had a little request to add, would it be possible to make the buttons and the center piece I marked on the attatched pic seperate for easier cleanup once its printed? Thanks again that looks awesome!

Attachments

• 20181203_155505.jpg
    20181203_155505.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 312
That’s what I was planning to do so yeah, that’ll work. The final visor will probably be five or so pieces.
Thanks for the compliments!

I think that that's the only one on the market right now. Ill send the one in the first post as a file to you when its finished if you like the design.
I appreciate that!
I found a version on do3D and it's $29. I don't know which movie it's from or how accurate it is. It's a bit out of my price range as I just wanted it for a casual X-Men display.

Attachments

• cyclops.png
    cyclops.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 215
I appreciate that!
I found a version on do3D and it's $29. I don't know which movie it's from or how accurate it is. It's a bit out of my price range as I just wanted it for a casual X-Men display.
Thats the visor from the first x men movie from 2000. It looks very accurate. Good luck with your display!

Last edited:
Back