For Eastwood Western Fans Only...

PHArchivist

Master Member
Josey Wales...

In the trapper's den; "butts down"...

From a purely tactical standpoint, would it have been more effective to toss away one pistol, cognitively focus on the one remaining, and plug the two bastards with just one gun?

Think about it...

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, then your balls aren't big enough to be in this thread...

Or...

You just don't know your Eastwood westerns well enough...

Last edited:
Odds are anybody worth a crap with a gun can take Josey out before the gun reversal is completed.
But that ruins a nice scene.

Tossing one aside shouldn’t cause their attention to waver. It’s not like they didn’t know he had two to start with.

Decades ago I practiced the reversal although not with civil war sized pistols. I was pretty decent at it. I’d certainly try it if my life depended on it but I’d expect to get shot if someone is paying attention.

I agree it ruin's the scene. but "MY" inner gun slinger, wouldn't toss away 6 round's... just in case they had more "bad guy's" hiding.. :whistle: just because you only see 2 guy's.... doesn't mean there is only 2 guy's.. ;)

Josey Wales...

In the trapper's den; "butts down"...

From a purely tactical standpoint, would it have been more effective to toss away one pistol, cognitively focus on the one remaining, and plug the two bastards with just one gun?

Think about it...

I see your point but It wouldnt have looked half as Bad A$$. The gun flip and the surprised (Oh ****) look on the trappers face, It just couldnt have gone down any other way. And I agree..... Anyone who hasnt seen Josey Wales needs to have a good long talk with themselves about the life choices they have made. Well are ya gonna Watch Josey Wales or whistle Dixie?

I see your point but It wouldnt have looked half as Bad A$$. The gun flip and the surprised (Oh ****) look on the trappers face, It just couldnt have gone down any other way. And I agree..... Anyone who hasnt seen Josey Wales needs to have a good long talk with themselves about the life choices they have made. Well are ya gonna Watch Josey Wales or whistle Dixie?

My thought is that it would be cognicitvely / physically easier to focus on just one of the guns.

But nowhere near as much fun to watch, and would have detracted from one of the best scenes in the film.

That store / porch where he is hoding the goods and facing down the four soldiers... That was shot in Mescal; the annex of Old Tuscon Studios, and the same western set used most famously in Tombstone...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back