Announcement Forum Name and Description Updates

I did notice! :lol

My only thought is that the Entertainment forum talks about a lot more than movies such as TV, video games, music, etc. Maybe it should be titled "Entertainment Talk"?

I noticed that it was already called "Entertainment and Movie Talk", thus covering all those besides movies under entertainment.

"Discuss anything relating to the entertainment industry such as movie trailers and reviews, tv shows, video game, or celebrity news."

I see that you have mentioned trailers and reviews specifically. Just like the description for Props and Costumes, I think the following could also work.

"Discuss anything relating to the entertainment industry such as movies, tv shows, comic books, video games, music and celebrity talk."

Good choice going with the title "Conventions and Prop Parties".

I noticed that it was already called "Entertainment and Movie Talk", thus covering all those besides movies under entertainment.

"Discuss anything relating to the entertainment industry such as movie trailers and reviews, tv shows, video game, or celebrity news."

Ya, I was referring to the top button. :)

Good choice going with the title "Conventions and Prop Parties".

Agreed! Anything that hopefully gets more people looking there is a good thing!

Im just curious why upgrade to VB4 when this is working fine??

This is MUCH NICER than VB4,why goto that?? (Its slower,ugly,etc)

Im just curious guys..

Im just curious why upgrade to VB4 when this is working fine??

This is MUCH NICER than VB4,why goto that?? (Its slower,ugly,etc)

Im just curious guys..

vB4 offers a number of things that vB3 does not, including an integrated CMS system.

While vB4 was initially very sluggish, by 4.2 a number of those issues have been worked out.

In terms of "ugly" well, we think the new look for the RPF under vB4 is a massive step up from the look of vB3. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and certainly some will like the old better and some will like the new better, but the new will finally give us a single, unified and cohesive look that this community has been severely lacking.

What are the odds of getting a sample screen image as a sneak peak? :love

Might put some fears to rest (then again, may stoke them! :lol )

Well I have on 1 VBB site that the admin REWROTE EVERY LINE to keep the same look he had.. (It was 99% the same as it was on 3.6)

I just want to show you an example of a site going from BEAUTIFUL to GARBAGE and how i dont wish for that to happen here... I dunno if i got here too late to try and help keep things good here or not,makes me sad...... NO REASON REALLY TO GOTO THAT!! (If your not gonna rewrite everything to keep the same ICONS,SMILIES,etc...)

Look at this site (vb 3.6)

http://web.archive.org/web/20071217181554/http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/

See how beautiful it was??

Look at it now (VB4 and ugly crap (4.2.0 now)) -- Ugly smilies,etc.........

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb

I used to be a member there
frown.gif

Im sorry ... I feel fortunate to have been able to register here... Your a very nice group of people here.... I am quite surprised I wasnt laughed @ for my views about VHS,that showed me the kind of people and staff here
smile.gif

Im sorry if I made anyone upset,i just dont like seeing things getting worse..

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back