Found a Heiland, Looking for Advice...

CT1138

Sr Member
I stopped by a vintage camera shop yesterday and by chance they had a few flashguns in their display window, one of them being an original Heiland for an absolute steal of a price! I snapped it up the moment I saw it. Now, I'm looking for advice on what to do with it. My natural instinct is to grab an MPP clamp and some grips from Custom Saber Shop, but before I be hasty and start spending money and attaching things, I want to know what you guys think. The head isn't completely accurate, and nor is the pommel. So should I go ahead with my plans to make it into a Vader, or should I wait, and draw up some concepts and make it my own?

wcw5tws.jpg

5PTVtZ7.jpg

bUVlsrq.jpg

LoLf8tL.jpg

Hey CT1138 ! It already has a bit of StarWars weathering, I'd say go for custom!

Did you get the reflector too? The arms that feed into the head have been used in some neat ways in the recent past by other builders.

I think it'd be interesting to see a set of short grip strips on the '3rd-Cell' tubing with a clamp that was placed more pommel side than emitter side.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Heiland's do make crazy good customs. I say this because you have a 2 cell with a 1 cell extension. That may bother you later when you put the T track on. I think it looks interesting enough to make a sleeker Luke ROTJ style version of a Vader saber! Clamp or Activation box attached with some details on it. The extension looks like a nice part of a lightsaber, like it was on purpose.

Between Roman and Wannawanga you can make this into a decent Vader saber.

Roman has the clamp and I believe his MPP endcaps work in Heiland. His shrouds will fit too.

Roy has a faux bul release assembly and the wires.

Hey CT1138 ! It already has a bit of StarWars weathering, I'd say go for custom!

Did you get the reflector too? The arms that feed into the head have been used in some neat ways in the recent past by other builders.
I did not. I asked, but they didn't have it.

Between Roman and Wannawanga you can make this into a decent Vader saber.

Roman has the clamp and I believe his MPP endcaps work in Heiland. His shrouds will fit too.

Roy has a faux bul release assembly and the wires.
Thanks for the tips! :)

I can definitely say the Romans end cap will fit. Don't force it, & it won't tighten snugly, but it will fit & screw down where it won't be loose.

What SethS said! In the end the only difference between your Vader saber and an MPP one will the squared-off plug holes and the Heiland logo. Totally worth doing.

Covering the hole is easy - just put some mirror plastic inside (I used some packaging) and add a bit of black plastic to the notch in the underside of the shrourd (if you're using a Heiland one, that is. Mine's not perfect, but the little black screw goes in the existing home a treat and holds it in place quite neatly. It was a budget build!

Attachments

• 20220222_124150.jpg
    20220222_124150.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
Also adding two holes where the MPP nameplate would have been adds a little bit more detail as does adding two domed flathead screws next to the shroud as on the proper MPP.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back