Game of Thrones

Now that was a great episode. Still lots of fan service, but so what. This whole season is going to be a lot of that (up until the end) and I'm here for it!

Yep, what a great episode. The tone was perfectly somber and pretty much most of the central cast had their last hurrahs and loose ends tied up. I definitely think with how this episode was set, we're going to see the cast thinned out quite a bit by the end of the Battle of Winterfell, which I am predicting they will lose, or maybe have a pyrrhic victory. It depends on how much the dragons will be able to thin out those ranks I think. If Winterfell does fall in the next episode I am curious to see how the survivors will escape south.

Tormund's story of how he got his name was hilarious and then followed by the awkward silence of everyone trying to watch him finish his drink which he couldn't quite get down:lol:

So many great character moments in this episode

The **** is definitely about to hit the fan

Reminded me a lot of the moments before Helms Deep and Minas Tirith battles in LOTR, I like that. Hoping they got inspired for the coming battle as well !

I loved this episode too. The tone was spot on, and really does capture the mood of knowing a battle is coming that you may not survive.

The interactions between Brienne and Jaime were yet again some of my personal favourite moments.

Not sure if Jon's reveal was better happening after the battle instead, though I imagine time will tell if it was or not.

I loved this episode too. The tone was spot on, and really does capture the mood of knowing a battle is coming that you may not survive.

The interactions between Brienne and Jaime were yet again some of my personal favourite moments.

Not sure if Jon's reveal was better happening after the battle instead, though I imagine time will tell if it was or not.

I thought Brienne's Knighthood was one of the entire shows/sagas highlights. It showed some good and just things can still happen in Westeros. The acting by Gwendolyn Christi there was magnificent. I damn nearly shed a tear and NEVER do that.

I thought Brienne's Knighthood was one of the entire shows/sagas highlights. It showed some good and just things can still happen in Westeros. The acting by Gwendolyn Christi there was magnificent. I damn nearly shed a tear and NEVER do that.
I should add my theory that ANYONE who had closure in tonight's episode will probably die in the upcoming battles of Winterfel!

Theon
Brienne
Jorah
Arya
Gendry

The list goes on...

I should add my theory that ANYONE who had closure in tonight's episode will probably die in the upcoming battles of Winterfel!

Theon
Brienne
Jorah
Arya
Gendry

The list goes on...

Hmmm no..Jorah isn’t going down yet. He was been seen beyond this battle from word on the street. Even if it isn’t true. I think having HeartsBane is a key weapon in this story. They didn’t have Sam steal it for S&G’s. Plus Show him rolling around all over the place with it.

Arya or Theon are going to kill the ice dragon. Both are master archers. The show didn’t just show Arya using a bow for target practice for a space filler. She was even getting tips from the best bow man in the lands during season 2 ( guy that was with the no banners group). She is also a huge fan of the Dorne history. A female warrior killed a dragon & the queen with giant crossbow ( lucky shot in the eye).

Also the Ice dragon is a special monster. He was touched by the night king and turned. The same way all the male babies were turned. Only The dragon glass or V steel can drop him.

Jon shouldn’t of said crap about his true parents. Best save that if they make it out alive. Now she might not save his dumb ass when he goes all commando solo for the 3rd / 4th time. He costed her 1 dragon by being a D bag. Get on the dragon next time instead of locking eyes with the night king and act like you want a 1 on 1 fight right there.

The little girl at the soup line was awesome. I hope she makes it out alive. If not atleast kill a few bastards going down.

The catapults...I wonder if they filled them with oil and dragon glass mini pieces. Light a fuse and throw them out there. Explosion + fire + dragon glass = super combo move.

Daenerys is to blame for the loss of her dragon not Jon. She failed time and again to heed his warning about the Night King and left him to his own devices on an unaided mission beyond the wall looking for proof. Sure he should have jumped on Drogon’s back sooner but he’s not at fault.

Monkey67 where are you getting the idea that the Starks burn their dead? Everything I’m finding leads me to believe that the North folk bury their dead, with Winterfell in particular being host to an extensive catacombs beyond what we’ve even seen on the show.

Ned bones were given to cat after his death. So he has been toasted. Also it has been stated in other places that it’s only the bones down there. River run light their dead on fire like Vikings. You saw that when black fish did it after his brother missed. House forest burns theirs. Other house depending on what they chose to do.

Winterfell is thousands of years old. You’ll run out of room for stark statues and full coffins next to each other. So if anything only the bones are in a jar under the statue. Thus how will they be raised if they can’t get out under the statues or coffins in a jigsaw puzzle state. If they were so worried about the dead coming back down there. All the women and children would have been sent south or to the iron islands once yara was know to be on her way there.

Jon Snow's reveal is probably the worse timing ever. Just like at the meeting with Cersei. He just can't keep his mouth shut

He avoided her for so long. "Sorry, I aunt talk to right now.., er...CAN'T, I mean I can't talk to right now..." :lol:

I'm sure it will in no way effect Dany having to go fight the Night's King having been just told that the one thing she has wanted/been destined for in her whole life now belongs to a guy who with a better claim to the throne who doesn't even want to be a king :lol:

let's go fight the dead now, yay

Hiding all the vulnerable Winterfell denizens where all of the North's bodies are buried is not gonna end well when the zombifiers arrive, I think...

There is speculation based on a comment that Dany makes in the preview for next week that it may be a problem..."The dead are already here"

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back