Game of Thrones

It was a great set up to the coming battle, some stuff felt a bit clunky but not much. The Arya/Gendry hook up seemed really out of left field to me, outside of this episode there wasn't anything to indicate that going down but I know there are a ton fans that were hoping for it.
Arya's new dragon glass "Mindy-stick" has solidified the plan for mashup costumes of Arya/Hit-Girl & The Hound/Big Daddy next year.
This was at ECCC last month.
IMG_20190422_073429.jpg

They burn all the bodies when they died. Only thing down in the crypt is ashes. It a Stark family rule to keep bodies from coming back. Likely a whole north rule too

If the bones of Ned are sent North then it isn't just ashes on the crypts.

Also it is possible to strip a body down to the bones without having to cremate it. Ned's body was stripped to bones to presumably stop it putrefying on the journey North. That's a guess on my part though.

There are lots of lower levels of the crypts in Winterfell, with the very lowest having collapsed and not accessible anymore.

Starks don't burn their dead. Bones =/= burnt dead. The Silent Sisters prepare the dead for most Westerosi nobles and it doesn't involve fire.. I'm still hoping they dont have a bunch of Stark wights show up. They're in crypts. How are they supposed to get out? I definitely hope we don't see any other notable wights, either, like Ned, Hodor, or Benjen.

I would hope that Jon is smart enough to implement a policy of burning their dead during the battle of Winterfell. Ideally they would have pyres every so often around the battlefield so anyone who falls can be immediately destroyed

Ok, we’ll see. But it doesn’t mean all the bones are put together. But if I was frosty general that can bring the dead back. I would be rolling in there with a **** load of animals. I mean I would have an attack team of squirrels and chipmunks. Raccoons who can use those little fingers to rid your face off. If I’ve been riding my horse from the fall north to the wood lands around winterfell. Anything that died would be back for the battle. Oh it would be crazy.

Ok, we’ll see. But it doesn’t mean all the bones are put together. But if I was frosty general that can bring the dead back. I would be rolling in there with a **** load of animals. I mean I would have an attack team of squirrels and chipmunks. Raccoons who can use those little fingers to rid your face off. If I’ve been riding my horse from the fall north to the wood lands around winterfell. Anything that died would be back for the battle. Oh it would be crazy.

In the book when the white walkers attacked the Fist, they did actually bring a lot of reanimated animals with them.

For all you crypt zombie lovers. Just remember that the one they kidnapped wasn’t able to break out of its ropes nor the box it was stuck in. So I highly highly doubt that stark family zombies are not able to break out of the coffins, under statues, and vaults.

But if I recall right. Winterfell is the spot that the long night ended at. So there might be someone or thing way under the crypts tunnels.

But the Starks worship the old gods.

Yes, they do, however nowhere in the books or the show does it say the Starks or any other people who keep the old gods have a tradition of burning their dead. The freefolk do that because they know they come back. Thats the only mention of people intentionally burning their dead to prevent them from being turned into wights.

Im late to the party but man, such an awesome episode. Defintely the best non action episode in a long time. Im sad that since Briennes arc is complete, and it was SO well done, that she is going to die in the next episode. Pretty much everyone that had their arc done. Jorah. Most likely Gendry, since he most likely planted his seed in Arya. Which was awkward cause she still looks like a little kid, Im glad they didnt get graphic with that. Seeing Ghost was uplifting.

We got a pool going at work, you guys want to join in?

First notable character to die.
Who takes the Iron Throne(if it is even a thing by the end)
Who is the last notable character to die.

Of course this was before the season started, so now its skewed, but I love hearing the theories people come up with.

We got a pool going at work, you guys want to join in?

First notable character to die.
Who takes the Iron Throne(if it is even a thing by the end)
Who is the last notable character to die.

First notable character to die I think will be Jamie while trying to save Brienne

Last notable character I say will be Dany, probably dying in Jon's arms after sacrificing herself to save him at the last minute. her "betrayel for love" prophecy may very well refer to betraying her lifelong goals of achieving the Iron Throne for someone she loves. After all, the prophecy only states "three betrayals you will know", not necessarily ruling out herself as one of the sources

Jon Snow may live, but will not take the throne (if it exists )

As mentioned before, I don't think anyone of the main characters will sit on the Iron Throne. It will either be no more (most likely), or there will be someone like Robert Arryn, or some even more minor lord, but really I think Westeros will see the monarchy as they know it, dissolved.

I'm still convinced that the Iron Throne will still exist, but will be a figurehead position, which the newly reformed individual seven kingdoms will elect. Loosely based on the way the Holy Roman Empire operated with the German kingdoms and their electors.

ok... I need to make a decision for my work poll (as well)..

I have been stalling...

Poll:

"Submit your prediction of whom will be occupying the Iron Throne at the conclusion of the last episode."

Rules:

"Any character, living or dead can be selected. Democracy is an option. ( So no monarch. Not likely, but gotta throw the optimists a bone), two characters can be selected that will share the Iron Throne ( Throwing the romantics a bone ). Arya wearing somebody else's face counts as Arya. If a dragon wins the Iron Throne the drawing will be canceled."

Who should I say? I was going to say nobody... but but now I'm second guessing myself! LOL

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back