Announcement Go to Last Post

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
A lot of people were initially voicing concerns that they couldn't get to the last post of a thread without going into the thread because we no longer had pagination on the thread list. While we have reintroduced the pagination to make things easier, that was not necessary to get to where you wanted to go, so I wanted to offer a brief tutorial on the links in the threadlist and where each one takes you.

First, a diagram.
threadlist-links-diagram.png

On the far left, you have a small icon with two down arrows. If you click this icon, you will be taken to the first new post since you last visited the thread. For many of us, this is the quickest way to pick up where you left off.

Next to that is the thread title, which takes you to the first post on the first page of the thread.

Below the thread title, we have reintroduced the pagination, which shows links to the first 5 pages as well as the last page of the thread.

To the far right in the Last Post By thread is the Last Poster's Name. Clicking their name will take you to their user profile.

Below there name is the time stamp of their last post. Clicking on that time stamp will take you to the last post in the thread.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion and reestablishes the functionality you were missing.

It doesn't. At least not for some of us:
Go to the main page, click "New posts" and none of the threads thus shown, will have that handy icon to the left of the thread title.
It doesn't show when you use the search function either.

Thank you for making the pagination.
I just figure out to click the time under the last poster yesterday, but seems that I got misclicked to poster's user profile several times.
But that's just me. Making pagination is surely helpful, so does this tutorial.
Hope it can extend to search function too.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back