Done / Completed Han in Carbonite (HIC) Machined knobs for hero panel (collab. with kurtyboy) / RUN #2

Re: Han in Carbonite (HIC) Machined knobs for hero panel (collab. with kurtyboy) / RU

I would like to be added to this list

thank you

Re: Han in Carbonite (HIC) Machined knobs for hero panel (collab. with kurtyboy) / RU

** UPDATE ***

Rivets are finally available! I'll start packing sets in the next days and will update when I'm ready to take payment!! If you're not on the panel interest list, everything will now be available and in hand!

Thanks all for your patience!

*** UPDATE ***

Good news!!!
I'm packaging the brass screws and the rivets with all the machined parts sets.

I managed to find a longer brass screw for the second tower knob. That's the one that has no light under. It is about 1/4 longer (3/4" total) than what I had in the first run and will allow to clamp the whole knob assembly (3 parts) to your base (aluminium or plastic or whatever is under your knob). So that should help a lot. Downside is it has a head a tiny bit larger in diameter than the shorter one so you'll have to put that in a drill and turn it on a file or sanding paper to remove about 1/128" of head diameter to fit inside the machined part.

Another good news is that I strongly encourage everyone to shave down their rivets head to a flat surface instead of keeping it as a round head. I did that myself in my own build and it looks (in the microscope - loll) better as to the original screen look. Because I can encourage that now, I also threw an extra rivet (10 instead of 9) in each set in case you sand a tad too much and need a spare. You can see what I did here in my own build thread: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=249249&page=9&p=4098075&viewfull=1#post4098075

Both the screws and rivets are to thank everyone for their support in this!

Everyone waiting for the machined parts (and not the panels) should get a PM with all payment info!

All PMs sent people! If for any reason, you received a message but you're out, please let me know and I'll get you off the interest lists. No worries there!

Order Number: 0EK8863401743264P

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’m in for a set if you have an opening in the run.

Bumping this up!

To everyone on the interest list, you can now send payments or a PM to let me know if you’re out or need some more time!

Parts received, Came out pretty good.
27f9769f1473f0a149865af6fa818d75.jpg
b8377bb38990f8e5b1e0a8f4ebc643e3.jpg
0925e73f541f7b24acbd3ad9c7c0253d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nasedo and Wilson13 .. both your packages shipped! First post updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vader2015 great job on these panels and thanks for posting pics!! I think it’s the first time I see my parts installed on someone else’s build!! :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:

Received my set and it is beautiful!

You must have the patience of a saint to put those tiny rivets in that small plastic bag! :)

Thank you!

Received my set and it is beautiful!

You must have the patience of a saint to put those tiny rivets in that small plastic bag! :)

Thank you!

Thanks for the praise! I’m very happy with them!

My true challenge with this run was to figure out how to create a mold for those rivets and actually get perfect rivets .. oh I mean 600 perfect rivets once cured!!! I think it took me about 6 weeks to figure it out!

But yes, still had to count and pack everything, that’s probably around 5-6 hours of flatlining on my table! Loll

That being said, don’t forget to flatten those rivet with a file and then smooth them with high grit, the screen HIC was not a dome but more of a disc shape!

To be honest, I might have to change my way of taking orders now. I never ask for deposit but with almost 20 orders not paid on the interest list, that’s a lot of money out of my pockets now!

So just a reminder people, if you were in and wanted them, now is a really good time to pay! :)

Thanks again everyone and don’t hesitate to leave feedback! I will probably do a huge batch of feedback at some point but I appreciate when it’s coming back!

Al

Al, I received the parts and they look great. Well done!

Thanks,
Nick

Bumping this up for everyone ... Machined parts are packed and ready to go!

Recieved mine and they are beautiful

thank you

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back