Hellboy Samaritar Cast in Aluminium Build

Glad to see you guys like this one. It's been on my wish list for a while and I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.
Thanks for all the positive comments.

Last edited:
I don't know how i missed this thread. That is insanely awesome! I have a samaritan that I'm working on making some cartridges for. I cut down some 12 guage brass shells but i wasn't sure how i was going to pull off the crimping.

I don't know how i missed this thread. That is insanely awesome! I have a samaritan that I'm working on making some cartridges for. I cut down some 12 guage brass shells but i wasn't sure how i was going to pull off the crimping.

Hope this was of use.... Please do post your results and let me know if you need help

Hey Jamie Staff i was working on finding something to crimp my brass cartridges with no luck so i suppose I'm gonna have to go your route and just make something. Did you just put a bend on a threaded bolt and use that to get that crimp pattern on yours? I couldn't tell in the video.

Hey Jamie Staff i was working on finding something to crimp my brass cartridges with no luck so i suppose I'm gonna have to go your route and just make something. Did you just put a bend on a threaded bolt and use that to get that crimp pattern on yours? I couldn't tell in the video.

Have you tried chucking the brass in a lathe? a knurling tool would do the trick.

Yep... Just bent it around home tube to get the size, you may need the heat kneal the bar to stop it from snapping

Duncanator I was looking into that today. I haven't found anybody in my area that has a lathe yet that would do it for me and i looked into a hand knurling tool to do it myself but they were a couple hundred bucks.

Jamie Staff cool. I'll give it a shot.

I hope my suggestion didn't come off as elitist. Sometimes a quick comment doesn't have the intended tone. I just figured its would make it easy if you happened to have access to a lathe.
I'm a fan of creative, back-yard mechanic solutions like the rolled all-thread. It's cheap, available and it worked!

I may have found a nice solution... 20190427_135307.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back