[HELP] Helmet molding/making something from scratch

zombienoms

So I've been poking around for something to work on in addition to my current project and I recently came across the newly designed DEATHSTROKE to be featured in Arkham Origins. The issue I come across is making the mask (pictured here)
Batman-Arkham-Origins-Deathstroke.png

I'm fairly new to this and recently just finished my first project ever a Full War Machine suit from IM 2. For that project it was a simple task of getting pep files and away I went. Sadly for this there are no free pep files available. I would pay for a file but there aren't any pictures of the results of anyone who has used it. While I have no doubt the files you pay for are of the utmost quality and accuracy, I still would like to get an idea of what I'm buying before I do to make sure it's what I want. There are other options such as buying a helmet as there are some GORGEOUS ones on here but I 1) can't justify spending the money I don't have and 2) I like to build my own stuff and take a amount of pride saying yup that's all me.

TL;DR
I want to make a death stoke arkham origins helmet but I'm not sure how to go about it. I don't need to make tons so the option of going to the trouble to mold and cast and all that seems a bit overkill. How do I just make one helmet without having a pep file or anything? Should i try my hand at making a file? I have no experience in file making, molding, casting, so any of these would be new to me. Suggestions?

Looking at Deathstroke's helmet, why not using an Iron man pep file and modifying it, taking out the jaw, making ear area slightly different, etc.? Could add in some more detail into the brow ridge directly in the pep or post with bondo and such.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back