Done / Completed Here Lies Emmett Brown **RUN CLOSED**

Re: Here Lies Emmett Brown **NOW ACCEPTING PAYMENTS**

i got home from work early, though my right hand is un operational. i carefully instructed my brother what to do with hd's emailed instructions

so far Hd, i got 1 piece glued together here's hoping tomorrow i can put the finishing piece together!
538284e6967255e8c83c396718662d5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last night i managed to glue it all together. i sanded everything this morning with my left hand, which was troubling

i only have 2 grits of paper right now, 150, and 400. so i sanded with 150, then hand sanded with 400. i was making too many grooves in it not having complete control with my left hand. so i put it on my belt sander which was 220. then hit it again with 400

the seams are pretty smooth, but i think they will still be seen from the side

any one have any tricks to filling the sides?

i've seen on youtube 1 video using drywall spackle. i was just curious if others have used this trick in the past and if it worked ok?

i found some people on RC aircraft forums using this trick with styrofoam and their only complaint is it stands out with paint. maybe using a good primer would fix this? idk

just wondering what others are going to do

a79f5ae80561f732f07838027b275a73.jpg

here's a pic of the top

There are a variety of different things you can use. I have used drywall compound and Rock Hard Water Putty to seal the edges. You can also use XTC-3D to seal it as well. These don't melt the foam. There are also specific products meant for it, like styrospray, but they get kind of pricey.

Also, you can seal the foam with PVA glue and then use fiberglass resin and Bondo. I don't recommend it strictly because if you miss a spot, you melt the foam. The risk just isn't worth it. I have done it and then covered in Polyester fiberglass resin and matte I lost a lot of detail when I did it.

-Eric

There are a variety of different things you can use. I have used drywall compound and Rock Hard Water Putty to seal the edges. You can also use XTC-3D to seal it as well. These don't melt the foam. There are also specific products meant for it, like styrospray, but they get kind of pricey.

Also, you can seal the foam with PVA glue and then use fiberglass resin and Bondo. I don't recommend it strictly because if you miss a spot, you melt the foam. The risk just isn't worth it. I have done it and then covered in Polyester fiberglass resin and matte I lost a lot of detail when I did it.

-Eric

thanks buddy! i am pretty good at drywall, im going to give it a shot! i appreciate the suggestions!

Count me in on this! Shoot me a PM for payment info for the double sided tombstone!

Received my Gravestones today, but back to work tomorrow so will attempt to get them 'finished' on my next days off. Thanks HD they look fantastic!

For those that have been waiting, I am back from my trip and able to make some more of these.

I plan closing the run down on the 27th if you are on the fence.

Thanks,

-Eric

Re: Here Lies Emmett Brown **RUN CLOSES 11/27**

I wanted to let you know that the international shipping rates for two tombstones have been coming in less than I initially estimated. I have given refunds to those that already paid the difference. Any international buyers that had passed due to shipping, send me a PM for a new quote.

Thanks,

-Eric

Re: Here Lies Emmett Brown **RUN CLOSES 11/27**

This is a gentle reminder that this run will close tomorrow evening.

Thanks,

-Eric

The run is now closed. All PAID orders have been shipped. Thanks to all who got in on the run.

If you missed out, please send me a PM as these can be made on demand, subject to schedule and materials constraints.

Thanks,

-Eric

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back