Question I tried logging in at The Dented Helmet but it wouldn't let me. Tried Registering...

Ridire Firean

Sr Member
Hey Gang!

I tried logging in at The Dented Helmet but it wouldn't let me. Tried Registering too, but it said my name was already in use.

I made up my name and noone else on the planet uses it except me, so...

Is there a trick to logging in at what I thought was an offshoot of TheRPF?

Thanks for your help in this matter!

Re: I tried logging in at The Dented Helmet but it wouldn't let me. Tried Registering

Hey Gang!

I tried logging in at The Dented Helmet but it wouldn't let me. Tried Registering too, but it said my name was already in use.

I made up my name and noone else on the planet uses it except me, so...

Is there a trick to logging in at what I thought was an offshoot of TheRPF?

Thanks for your help in this matter!
Did you try doing a password reset?

Re: I tried logging in at The Dented Helmet but it wouldn't let me. Tried Registering

Hi Montagar! No, I haven't tried that yet because I'm affraid it will rest my password HERE too.

I thought The Dented Helmet was an offshoot / sub/spin-off forum of TheRPF.

So I tried logging in first, but it I get this...

"You have entered an invalid username or password. Please enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive.

Forgotten your password? Click here to reset!

You have used 1 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes.

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page."

So, I tried to register and I get this...

"Registration
Step 2 of 2

[h=2]The following errors occurred during your registration[/h]
  • That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards. If you are Ridire Firean and you have forgotten your password, click here."

Apparently the two forums are linked if it recognizes me, unless someone there stole my username, otherwise I should be able to log in I would think. Do I need a different password specific to that forum? Are the two forums entirely independent of eachother ? Maybe I confused it by trying to login before registering?

Any ideas?

The sites do not share login information so you can reset your password there and nothing will change here.

Too weird! I never registered there. I don't think. I checked my 'Saved Logins' and the only one in there for The Dented Helmet was the one from my attempting to log in from yesterday.

Thank you for the info Montagar! I'll try resetting over there and see what happens.

Too weird! I never registered there. I don't think. I checked my 'Saved Logins' and the only one in there for The Dented Helmet was the one from my attempting to log in from yesterday.

Thank you for the info Montagar! I'll try resetting over there and see what happens.
I just checked and your user name is not registered over there. Try registering with an underscore instead of a space. I think that they changed the user name restrictions and it no longer allows spaces in the user name.

Thought I'd just pop back to this thread to post that the issue I was having at TheDentedHelmet is that the user names can no longer include any sort of non letter or number characters. So, no spaces, no underscores, no asterisks, nada. I had assumed the space was acceptable because there are several members with spaces in their usernames. Unfortunately, they had a change over there and no longer allow it for some reason. The wording and explination 'error' page could be more specific and include what is not permisible in a username. The username is already in use bit is what really threw me for a loop!

I was able to get registered without the space in my username and am ever so slowly building my post count over there. Hopefully it won't too long to get out of the Introductions forum.

Thanks again for your help Montagar !

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back