Identification of a Grail Diary insert needed.

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all, I'm looking for the "source image" of this grail diary insert. I assume this is a manuscript from Richard Wagner from the musical piece "Parsifal". I already tried browsing these manuscripts here, but without any result:

If someone can point me towards the correct source image, that would be great. Thanks!

vlcsnap-2022-10-01-22h47m33s461.jpg

Never mind, guys. I found it myself. For those interested, this is the "source file". Indeed a piece of manuscript from Wagner's Parsifal. Just print it, age it, and done.

Richard Wagner Parzival.gif

I would advise to print it a bit larger than seen in the image in the opening post, since this would make the music bars pretty small... Here are my two version I made. I will be using the bigger one:

1665127786540.png

Never mind, guys. I found it myself. For those interested, this is the "source file". Indeed a piece of manuscript from Wagner's Parsifal. Just print it, age it, and done.

View attachment 1624435

I would advise to print it a bit larger than seen in the image in the opening post, since this would make the music bars pretty small... Here are my two version I made. I will be using the bigger one:

View attachment 1624436
Where does that go in the grail?

That's an invented insert, so if you like it, you can put it anywhere you like. It's not in the original prop.
Exact. It's an insert that Holt (a member on COW, don't know if he's active here) has put in the few Story Grail Diaries (so no hero diary), but it was missing in my copy. So that's why I was looking for the source file Holt used to create this. Even Holt's diary it's in different places. In video's he posted is rather in the front of the diary, but I heard from other people who have his diary that it's more to the back.

Anyway, since this is not one of the "original" inserts / screen used inserts, it does not have a certain place. If you want to make a replica of the original diary, it doesn't even fit, because it's not in there...

I don't have a higher resolution version than the one I posted / found online. The inserts you see in the picture are created from that file, so the result will not be too bad if you print it like that.

So apparently it's not actually from Parsifal itself, but "a sketch that Wagner wrote down in the spring or summer of 1858 (it was found with a letter (Golther 54a) written to Mathilde Wesendonk about that time) while he was considering the possibility of introducing the questing Parzival into the third act of Tristan und Isolde." You can find a bunch of versions of the collection of those letters (Richard Wagner [to/an] Mathilde Wesendonck) on the internet archive, I quite like the yellowing background of this onerichardwagnerma00wagn_0451.png
The translation btw is
1672440851026.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back