Been sanding and painting my handle, a nice mahogany colour (darker in person) and have clear coated with polyurethane. So shiny!

20190331_113857.jpeg

Is this similar to what (F)’s will look like?

Most likely not as this one is painted. Need to have a go at just polishing them up. Still working on sanding blades today!

Edit* I may end up just painting them

I have just assembled my own knife and done a weathering pass! Guys....guys.....guys.....these are gonna look the shiz :lol:

Last edited:
Just curious... are the handles suppose to be made out of wood? I'm thinking ahead of how I want to paint the handle.

IMHO: even though the concept art may have taken inspiration from real combat knife wood handle, in the Star Wars universe, I can’t see the empire using wood on their weapons. All in all, it’s really left up to your interpretation as I too had considered trying to simulate a wood grain for the handle.

IMHO: even though the concept art may have taken inspiration from real combat knife wood handle, in the Star Wars universe, I can’t see the empire using wood on their weapons. All in all, it’s really left up to your interpretation as I too had considered trying to simulate a wood grain for the handle.

Yeah, I think you're right. I know some characters in Star Wars have wood in their weapons, but you're probably right about the empire. Maybe it's some kind of metal or plastic. Is there even plastic in Star Wars? :)

Yeah, I think you're right. I know some characters in Star Wars have wood in their weapons, but you're probably right about the empire. Maybe it's some kind of metal or plastic. Is there even plastic in Star Wars? :)

I’d say yes on plastic in the SW universe. In the case of our handle, we can call it a composite. Sounds more like a battlefield material. For instance, The visual guides label stormtrooper armor as composite plastoid.

Just a little bump, as I have not heard from some people in batch 1. I have sent you all pm's regarding your slot. Also I'll be contacting those who have opted for a finished piece regarding finishes.
Edit: Amendments made to slots on the first post, some bumping has occurred!

ALSO

Should have a video and good pics really soon of my knife, which is now finished and fully assembled!

Last edited:
Just a little bump, as I have not heard from some people in batch 1. I have sent you all pm's regarding your slot. Also I'll be contacting those who have opted for a finished piece regarding finishes.
Edit: Amendments made to slots on the first post, some bumping has occurred!

ALSO

Should have a video and good pics really soon of my knife, which is now finished and fully assembled!

Nice! Really looking forward to the video and pics. The pics you've shown so far look fantastic.

I can add to to the reserve list, but right now not looking to do any more, unless there's a lot of people.
If you could add me that would be great.
Failing that I'll have to may have a bash at modelling and printing one. Won't be anywhere near as good but it'll have to do!
Thanks for the response though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back