Really cool idea! Just a heads up, I have an idea for a stand for these, which I'm working up. Will be making one for myself, but would be possible to offer up parts for you guys to put together. More water jet cut aluminium + exotic wood :D More on that as it progresses.

Interested to see what you have drawn up for a stand.

Anyone still in Batch 1 that hasn't paid yet? Any chance of Batch 2 orders getting moved up soon?
Yes indeed, still some unpaid. Everyone has the benefit of the doubt until they give up their slot, I'll send out more reminders. Batch 2 blades are still with the machinist getting their slots milled atm.

Post 1 has been updated! Everyone who's registered interest now has a slot due to some drop outs, bumped people are highlighted. If you are in BATCH 1 then, the kits are ready and I need your options and payment asap!

Base kit received yesterday! Thanks Dan!

I think I might try a different color on the handle... maybe this one belongs to some special trooper or something. But it still has to fit within the Imperial army feel so I'm not going to do a crazy color. :)

IMG_6751.JPG

Awesome pic! Mine are painted a mahogany brown for reference. Black would be cool!

Thanks for the reference. Black would be very cool. I was thinking of a subtle, dark red. Almost black, but a very dark red.

I had considered black but if I did, I would do a silver medallion.

Another color you might consider is white with done brownish and/or yellow highlights as if it were made of tusk or none.

A very intriguing look... I like your idea a lot! Reminds me of when Adam Savage on Tested made his mini Blade Runner pistol handle to look like ivory.

Here's a video on the unboxing of the kit. Hopefully I will finish the building within the next couple of weeks, but I actually have something else that needs to take the priority. But hopefully I can share something soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back