Indiana Jones Costume Almost Completed

I just have to search out a Large or XL...

To me, it seems the crown doesn't sit high enough, and the brim may not be wide enough. It's going on Howard's Indy bust which I think would fit a Large. But my thought is if I over-sized it thn the proportions may get closer to what I need.

In other words, if the Large is technically the best size for the resin bust, then maybe if I went with an XL, the crown would look taller and the brim wider.

But I'm having a hard time finding the larger sizes... :unsure

I am planning on reshaping the bowl as soon as can find some literature on how to manipulate felt wool and make the changes permanent. I am thinking of taking it to a hat shop that might be able to do it for me.
Anything you do to it will most likely only be temporary. Wool does not react well to treatment like rabbit, nutria or beaver does. Being a crushable hat only emphasizes this further. These are the reasons most gearheads stay away from these types of hats and spend some extra dough on a decent hat. Of course, if you like the BCF hat there is nothing wrong with that. To each their own. Good luck, man.

I wouldn't try to stretch it as it will probably start to rip the material. Even good felt is tricky not to rip when stretching. Why not check Ebay or Cow to see if anyone had the size you need?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back