iron man helmet screws?

chuckyAPP

Sr Member
Sorry if this has been addressed. Im sure its here somwhere and I've looked for a long time through old threads but can't find an answer. I need to know what screws and bolts were used in the helmet and where they may be available. Im upgrading a helmet and all the sanding I've done has obliterated most of the detail so before I set about resculpting the details I thought it would be a lot easier to drill out the old ones and replace with the real deal. Thanks

I don't know if it could help you but for the helmet i am building, i put slotted flat head screws with a small amount of milliput on each side of the slot in order to make them more screen accurate...

It's a budget advice, may be you could find it already accurate, but it's not easy...

they just look like dzus fasteners or possibly milspec 2800 series but without the retaining cup they're both aerospace standard so it's possible although more likely they were just made up for the film.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back