Iron Man Mark 42 3D print files (whole suit)

bluedynno

Note: After getting feedbacks & advice from fellow modelers & peppers, I decided to stop sharing the files until getting permission from the original modeler.

Hi all, recently I 3D printed the MK42 arm by @Abb_eliten http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=166141. I tried to look for 3D print files for the whole suit but to no avail. Hence, I figured out to convert them from pepakura to STL. Files used are by @jackieisrockin & @Helagaks, great thanks to both of them for the awesome files. The parts that I've converted were only chest, back, abs, cod, thigh, shin & boot. Other files are already share within the forum.

full armor.jpg

I'm using Up! Mini 3D printer and here is the settings I used:
Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 10.05.18 PM.png

The parts thickness are around 2-3mm so it will be light when printed but still durable.

Chest:
Status - Printed
Total print time - 31.73 hours
Material - 325.2 gram

chest02.jpgchest03.jpgchest01.jpg

Back:
Status - Printed
Total print time - 44.28 hours
Material - 529.7 gram

back03.jpgback04.jpgback01.jpgback02.jpgback05.jpg

Abs:
Status - not yet printed
Total print time - 43.87 hours
Material - 417.1 gram

Cod:
Status - printing in progress
Total print time - 19.53 hours
Material - 243.9 gram

Thigh:
Status - not yet printed
Total print time - 35.92 hours
Material - 437.7 gram

Shin:
Status - not yet printed
Total print time - 31.55 hours
Material - 374.5 gram

Boot:
Status - not yet printed
Total print time - 20.98 hours
Material - 308.9 gram

Last edited:
I wouldn't imagine any one would care if you printed the pep file. Do people care what medium you use with the file? Cardboard, paper, foam, 3d printed? I would think you would only need permission to share the STL file you file created from the original pep file.

I wouldn't imagine any one would care if you printed the pep file. Do people care what medium you use with the file? Cardboard, paper, foam, 3d printed? I would think you would only need permission to share the STL file you file created from the original pep file.

Thanx for the advice. So far Helagak said nevermind. Awaiting response from jackieisrockin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but I have to chime in here.

It does matter to a good number of modelers whether or not you 3d print their files, freely shared or not.

And it is bad form to do so without their permission, as well as share the files without their permission.

Sorry, but I have to chime in here.

It does matter to a good number of modelers whether or not you 3d print their files, freely shared or not.

And it is bad form to do so without their permission, as well as share the files without their permission.

I see your point. I'm modeling a MK III now for pep and 3d printing that I plan on making available once finished. I would be pretty irate if my files were modified and uploaded (especially to another site) without my permission.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure the "nevermind.." comment from Helagak could be classed as support. It does seem a bit cheeky to convert and share without consent of the modellers, assuming no reply to mean yes is probably the opposite of what I would have assumed. On the plus side it is good to see 3d printer and files being put to good use, and it doesn't appear that your doing it for financial gain.

Thank you all for the advice, I take it positively. From now on I will stop sharing the files, until getting permission from @Helagak & @jackieisrockin. On the other side, is it ok if I just share my build progress?

I just would like to contribute back to the community, no financial gain at all...

There are many threads on this board about this exact issue. I'm a little surprised you didn't know that. Personally, I don't see an issue with using a 3D printer to print files that have been freely shared as long as credit is given, there are a lot of people who take offense. Either way, files should never be shared without permission.

I understand that I should not have, but the kid made ​​him evil intention in addition to above the joint with the same community in which designers put the files, is not that it has gone to another has been sold or not ?

Of course you should ask permission from the owners of the files, but the kid has not had bad intentions, unlike just wanted to help the community of 3D printers on the web that is becoming larger and has a greater demand for these designs, which are shared or not or are too expensive for most of us.

You I can only say thank you for the support and you have all my support, I hope that designers will give their consent to share their files converted to 3d.

I feel my English but I use google translate.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back