Iron Man props (helmet - reactor - armor)

Re: Iron Man Helmet from Sintra - Finished (Hinges system last page)

Ok, so after making these a 3 pieces helmet, I've decided to fix some simmetry and shape issues I didn't like.
I've started from the faceplate that had issues. I've cut it in several pieces and now I'm almost done ;)

I've started few days ago since I wanna be in time when the new movie comes out ;)

487796_10200680548516980_600346839_n.jpg

I've been working quite a bit on the chin as now.
also, I'm working on the iron man 2 arc reactor and I've decided to put everything I'll do about iron man on this thread.

The chin was too short compared to the 3d Printed helmet I've seen in pictures, so I cut it apart and widened the length of the gold lip. Other pictures are self-explanatory.

The inner part of the chin was laser engraved on a 5mm thick sintra piece. Then heated and put in place. The raised lip was cut off a 0.5 mm clear styrene sheet and then super glued in place. Then bondoed to make it even with the rest of the surface.

The arc reactor is mainly laser cut.
You can see I've been trying hard to get the right parts in order to make as accurate as I can.

Right now I'm in the process of molding the main big part.
It will be portable with 3AAA batteries.

I might also make a thinner reactor with a cell battery to save at least 1.2 mm of thickness.

Attachments

• 544759_10200805420478701_1595166124_n.jpg
    544759_10200805420478701_1595166124_n.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 243

Never tought you could make your helmet even better !!
Awesome progress and your arc looks stunning!!

I remember when ya started out /w/ a helmet made of sintra now look at what you've been doin' great job Fulvio,:cool keep up th' great work.:popcorn

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back