Iron Man RT unit 3D modeling - models for sale

antarusfree

Hi everyone, I have been working on this for a long time so I decided to create a new thread.

I am a really big fan of Iron Man movies and Tony Stark's arc reactor. And when I watched the second movie I started in AutoCad.
I will be posting new stuff when I have more done.

Sorry for my English I'm from Czech Republic :D

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Assembly2.jpg
    Assembly2.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Assembly3.jpg
    Assembly3.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 268
  • Assembly4.jpg
    Assembly4.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Assembly5.jpg
    Assembly5.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Assembly6.jpg
    Assembly6.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 277
  • Assembly7.jpg
    Assembly7.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 301
Hi everyone, I have been working on this for a long time so I decided to create a new thread.

I am a really big fan of Iron Man movies and Tony Stark's arc reactor. And when I watched the second movie I started in AutoCad.
I will be posting new stuff when I have more done.

Sorry for my English I'm from Czech Republic :D

What do you guys think?

I think these are fantastic. You have captured some of the lesser known features. Are you using the art books?

Wow, that's the second arc reactor, right? The new one he made and had Pepper help him to install in the first movie? That looks really good! Are you planning on fabricating these into working pieces?

Yes, you're right. I want to 3D print them but now I don't have money to do that :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Working on Unibeam
Unibeam.jpg Unibeam1.jpg Unibeam2.jpg Unibeam3.jpg

Are you planning on fabricating these at some point? I've modeled my own RT from the first movie and have been wanting to make it but my schools 3d printer broke recently. leaving me with only 3 transformers.

Edit: btw the cage for the MK 1 and MK 2 are the same, just one is painted black and the other is left regular. the only real difference is the acrylic ring with the surrounding features it has.

Are you planning on fabricating these at some point? I've modeled my own RT from the first movie and have been wanting to make it but my schools 3d printer broke recently. leaving me with only 3 transformers.

Edit: btw the cage for the MK 1 and MK 2 are the same, just one is painted black and the other is left regular. the only real difference is the acrylic ring with the surrounding features it has.

Yes! I want to fabricate them.
Yeah I was unsure about that. But in the part of the movie where is Pepper helping Tony changing RTs you can definitely tell that rear fins of MK 2 RT ar longer than MK 1. But if you compare both screen used RT for auction they have the same rear end. :-(

If anybody have some good ref. pictures of screen used RT I'll appreciate it. :D

The pictures I used when I modeled my version of the MK 1 R were on the flickr account of a member here, Dr Talyn. Look him up and you'll find the pictures. I modeled the cage to match the MK 2 RT that he shows there, I am using as a basis for mine those pictures.

An interesting scene to look at is when Tony first powers up the reactor in the cave with Yinsen. There you see it almost perfectly from the side, and it does appear shorter. So my guess is that there art two versions, one short and one long. the long one however is the only one I have been able to find any reference for, and therefore the version I would make as the definitive MK 1 RT.

Here are some screen caps of what I was talking about, I think you may be onto something with the smaller heatsink on the back.

Picture 9.png

Picture 10.png

These show the smaller heatsink but obscure a tiny but of the bottom.

I suppose apart from multiples made from the same pieces (several MK 1's made for the movie but used in different scenes) which all had the same larger heatsink like you see on the "auction version"

there was also a smaller version which you see when Pepper removes the RT and when Tony first powers it up.

that was a good call!

Here are some screen caps of what I was talking about, I think you may be onto something with the smaller heatsink on the back.

View attachment 179793

View attachment 179794

These show the smaller heatsink but obscure a tiny but of the bottom.

I suppose apart from multiples made from the same pieces (several MK 1's made for the movie but used in different scenes) which all had the same larger heatsink like you see on the "auction version"

there was also a smaller version which you see when Pepper removes the RT and when Tony first powers it up.

that was a good call!

Yeah these are good pics. I was playing these scenens over and over again. These scenes in the cave and with Pepper. You're right there are two versions. Small and bigger cage. But it isn't problem for me because I have already modeled the smaller cage and for the bigger one I can use cage from my MKII RT. I'll just paint it black. ;)

Working on center piece of MKI RT. I'm adding pics of comparing two back cages ;)

RT 1 - 4.jpg

Assembly42.jpg Assembly41.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now as I look on pics in previous post I decided to redesign the smaller cage. Mine is too short.

Thats phenomenal, I only modeled the larger cage for mine. Your inner details are looking amazing. I have .ipt files for the transformers that are very accurate if you'd like them, they have all the curves and edges accurate to the movie version.

I'd like to see the cages from the side when the acrylic ring and transformers are added.

When I'm on my school computer I'll add some renders of mine, maybe you can use something off of it :)

-Mili

Mk I RT 99% done. Some changes on diameter of the wire on transformers and added wire ring under the fornt plate. Small design changes on rear cage.

RT 1 - 41.jpg RT 1 - 4.jpg
Assembly1.jpg Assembly12.jpg
Assembly3.jpg Assembly31.jpg
Assembly2.jpg Assembly32.jpg

Thats phenomenal, I only modeled the larger cage for mine. Your inner details are looking amazing. I have .ipt files for the transformers that are very accurate if you'd like them, they have all the curves and edges accurate to the movie version.

I'd like to see the cages from the side when the acrylic ring and transformers are added.

When I'm on my school computer I'll add some renders of mine, maybe you can use something off of it :)

-Mili

It would be great :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back