Suggestion Junkyard Forum Leader

dbalschi

Sr Member
Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a lot of mini modding in the Junkyard recently. A lot of us have done it, I've been guilty of it in the past but it seems to be the same people over and over. It seems that many of us are very eager to point out any and every rules violation that takes place. Any way to have a Junkyard Forum leader responsible for this rather than the self policing that seems to be taking place?

i dont think one person would be up tothe job. as you said, lot of us do that "modding", pointing out the rules, imagine if its up to only one person

i dont think one person would be up tothe job. as you said, lot of us do that "modding", pointing out the rules, imagine if its up to only one person

Right but it would give an extra hand to the mods. I'm probably wrong here but hey it's just a suggestion :lol

I get what you're saying, dbals. EoS...even with a forum leader, everyone could still keep up the modding, but when needed, someone with a green username can have more of an impact.

FunkyJedi is obviously the best nomination, as if my opinion matters.

I see no issue with the self-policing as long as its done truthfully, logically, and without emotional rage filled postings.

And when things get out of hand the "report post" button is handy for flagging a thread.

Adding a moderator to the JY might "help" to alleviate some of the issues, before others come along to point folks in a better direction, but its not a solution to self policing, which in turn is not a real problem.

Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a lot of mini modding in the Junkyard recently. A lot of us have done it, I've been guilty of it in the past but it seems to be the same people over and over. It seems that many of us are very eager to point out any and every rules violation that takes place. Any way to have a Junkyard Forum leader responsible for this rather than the self policing that seems to be taking place?

I remember a time, many years ago, when this site encouraged the members to actively self-police. It was a nightmare.

While we don't encourage it, we have been allowing the site to more or less police itself for a couple of years now, with oversight from the staff (as the site is simply too large for us to actively patrol). Every now and then you have someone who is a bit overzealous, but for the most part, this has worked out well. Why? Because we have a large community of people that 1) know what we expect, 2) have seen that for the most part, our rules work and maintain some level of order, and 3) care enough about the community to remind other members that those rules exist when they break them and report those issues to us to deal with.

The vast majority of issues on the site come from the Junkyard so Montagar stays on top of those issues pretty much all the time. I am not sure that setting up a Forum Leader for the Junkyard would change very much.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back