Junkyard Status

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
I know, since I'm not a paying member, I may not be the best to suggest this, but ever since the change was made to make the junkyard member's only to post things for sale in, it has felt very limited and you don't see a lot of obscure and interesting things as much as you used to. I understand that runs should be limited to members only to ensure some kind of security for both sellers and buyers, but would there be any interest in making the basic junkyard available for all... or maybe make a separate one for all members? Of course, like on other sites there could be some requirements to meet before being able to sell on the site, such as a specific amount of time passed since join date and a minimum requirement of posts.

EDIT: maybe a requirement could even be to have had at minimum 1 month's membership before being able to sell openly even if you are no longer a member.

Or did the open junkyard present too many problems and concerns for the forum in order for it not to be considered again?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just thought I'd ask.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to see the JY closed to everyone who is not at least a logged-in member of the forum with X amounts of posts. Since it was opened up, I've gotten a LOT of 'lookee-loos' registering, asking a ton of stuff on things I've had for sale, then dropping off the face of the earth. It's gotten to the point that I almost want to go directly to being 'rude' when answering, if I can tell the person in question doesn't know how things work around here.

I've had the opposite experience more recently. Most of the sales I've made of late have been from new members. Given that's my source of income, I'm grateful to them. Though I have a really hard time guaging what's selling as that seems less predictable these days and things I would never guess find buyers and sell in an instant where things that I thought would be a sure fire buy, languish.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back