Jurassic Park Lex Murphy Cap

DinoBritt

Hi, does anyone know where to find a good replica or screen accurate cap that Lex Murphy wears in Jurassic Park?

tumblr_m0c395EC9N1qfsk6co1_500.jpg

lex-jurassic-park.gif

Attachments

• lex1.png
    lex1.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 390
  • lex1.png
    lex1.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,515
Fun fact! Because of filters, the cap, and by extension, Lex's entire outfit, was actually blue, not purple...
87ZWquI.png

The cap reminds me of a brand of military cap my dad wore in the Navy during the 70s. Can't remember the whole name, but it started with a "Z", I believe. Only his was woodland camo with the cord in the front, not blue.

Update: It was Zep, which does predominantly come in blue. It's possible they simply removed the Zep logo from the hat. Problem is of the ones I can find that have the cord over the front, these only come with the mesh on the back, which Lex's hat doesn't have.

I'd regularly check eBay for something like "vintage purple hat" or "vintage purple cap" and minus the term "mesh."

I'm not sure if hers is child size or not, or if it's a synthetic fabric or a natural material.

Depends on how close is close enough : )

I'm not sure how the color filter works, but her clothes still look purple compared to other blue clothing in other BTS pictures:

Attachments

• BKJGM1.jpg
    BKJGM1.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 288
  • BKH17G.jpg
    BKH17G.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 993
  • D1MRXP.jpg
    D1MRXP.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 807
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back