Jurassic Park T-Rex / Explorer Set

Rob, this is all your fault...got me on a Jurassic Park kick now. LOL

Nice metal logo...almost hated to take it out of the package.
20220304_173833.jpg

I will probably hang it above the Shield logo. Its not quite big enough to cover the two paint spots on the wall. (As I was sure I had the right paint to cover old holes...but not quite. Not as noticeable in person at least)
But maybe will move them all around...I'll see a bit later.

Attachments

• 20220304_174011.jpg
    20220304_174011.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 91
That actually looks pretty good, and I even cleaned off the desk.
But, I'm sorry to all you OCD guys, as the monitors don't line up.
I'm looking at a duel monitor stand right now that will at least eliminate the two stands. They so get in the way. But, this desk is really only meant for one monitor, so a duel stand might still not fix the symmetrical issue.

20220304_205433.jpg

That came out great!
Thanks! Not to get too far off topic, but I'm also extremely excited for the new Roland/InGen Jeep set coming soon. It's something I never thought we'd get. Just speaking about the figure, as somebody who owns a mostly all original parts Roland Tembo costume, Mattel got the details amazingly accurate right down to the sleeve pocket (an easy detail to miss), the mock toe on the boots, and the leaf shaped belt buckle. Mattel has gone several miles above and beyond for this one. The Jeep, too, has every detail nailed. The only thing to change is to add camo netting and repaint over the yellow section denoting moving parts (IDK why they even did that). I've already got the scaled camo netting and an in-scale double rifle for the figure. Just gonna need to pop down to the crafts store to buy a sample of matte OD green paint. The little Parasaur figure it comes with I couldn't give a crap about. I've got better figures of that one already.
KeMKnim.jpg

pUuX5io.jpg

rkjcmwx.jpg

Just got an email from bigbadtoys of the JP Explorer coming by July.
I would rather a 1:18th scale, but this is better than nothing....or thousands of dollars.
Screenshot_20230404_112752_Chrome.jpg

That actually looks pretty good, and I even cleaned off the desk.
But, I'm sorry to all you OCD guys, as the monitors don't line up.
I'm looking at a duel monitor stand right now that will at least eliminate the two stands. They so get in the way. But, this desk is really only meant for one monitor, so a duel stand might still not fix the symmetrical issue.

View attachment 1552812
Love it!

I decided to check back on this, and its available now, BUT.....two months ago the scale was 1/24, now they have it at 1/32.
I have a feeling the 1/24 was the wrong size, being 10.99, but still, I just went ahead and bought it. For just under $16 for the total, not too bad.
Still would prefer a 1/18 scale, but I know if I don't get this one now, it will probably just go up in price. If its a limited run, then WAY up in price.
I'll post pics once it gets here.

jpcar.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to check back on this, and its available now, BUT.....two months ago the scale was 1/24, now they have it at 1/32.
I have a feeling the 1/24 was the wrong size, being 10.99, but still, I just went ahead and bought it. For just under $16 for the total, not too bad.
Still would prefer a 1/18 scale, but I know if I don't get this one now, it will probably just go up in price. If its a limited run, then WAY up in price.
I'll post pics once it gets here.

View attachment 1710818
Dig it...!

My albatross is still collecting dust, unfinished...

The image (and level of detain) betrays 1:24... Looks much more like the 1:32.

You know I'm right there wishing for a high quality 1:18 model!
It came in.
Very small, but not too bad for the size and price.

20230627_134200.jpg

20230627_134650.jpg

20230627_134703.jpg

The way it was packaged reminded me of the same size Delorean I found at Walgreens over a year ago. Sure enough, also a Jada product.
20230627_134807.jpg

Compared to the original toy, its pretty small. That toy has gone through a lot in 30 years. Being attacked so many times from the T-rex toy (in stop-motion).
20230627_135032.jpg

Make this T-rex look ridiculously huge.
20230627_135243.jpg

Annnndddddddd......I'm all out of space on this ledge.
20230627_135531.jpg

Thought I would compare the T-rex I got last year, based on Jurassic Park's design, but not officially licensed, with the old toy from 30 years ago. The young T-rex. Its pretty detailed for being just a toy.
My younger brother was 8 at the time and he was the one that really wanted all the toys. He actually saved up and bought this T-rex himself. It was either $25 or $30, which is quite a lot to an 8 year old in 1993.
20230627_140437.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back