Kylo Ren Black Series Visor Replacement Ideas?

Kourumov

It's no secret that the Black Series Kylo Ren Helmet's largest drawback (other than the awful sound it makes) is that the lens fogs up with one breath. I'm going to replace mine with some sort of fabric. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience on how to do this? Or what the best material would be?

What most people do is this... Take a sharpie and from the outside draw around the actual eye opening, onto the plastic.
Then go inside, remove the plastic insert, it's screwed in, you'll notice that actual plastic piece is much larger than the sharpie line you drew.
Next trim out the inner part of the plastic piece along the line you sharpie'd.
Then grab some black panty hose, stretch it over the plastic piece and glue it tightly onto the plastic that's left. Leaving just the visible part of it from the outside as breathable panty house. :)

What most people do is this... Take a sharpie and from the outside draw around the actual eye opening, onto the plastic.
Then go inside, remove the plastic insert, it's screwed in, you'll notice that actual plastic piece is much larger than the sharpie line you drew.
Next trim out the inner part of the plastic piece along the line you sharpie'd.
Then grab some black panty hose, stretch it over the plastic piece and glue it tightly onto the plastic that's left. Leaving just the visible part of it from the outside as breathable panty house. :)

This is most likely what I'll do with mine!

It's no secret that the Black Series Kylo Ren Helmet's largest drawback (other than the awful sound it makes) is that the lens fogs up with one breath. I'm going to replace mine with some sort of fabric. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience on how to do this? Or what the best material would be?

Another thing you can do if you want to get fancy is instead of the panty hose, use a couple of layers of aluminum mesh epoxy it in place and paint it black. it's just as dark as the stretched hose but a bit more substantial.

Here's the results.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251179

you know they sell anti-fog products, in the swimming goggles section of stores or online. I use the same stuff on my motorcycle helmets.

Back