Ledger Joker Bust Problem

bxstrmn

Just wondering if anyone can help with a problem I came to this morning. I bought one of Howards ledger joker busts, a while back, its been painted and I had displayed in a case where the torso sat on the shelf and the neck area was prop up in the rear. Its been there for a while with no issue this morning I came and found the torso area bent up so it looks as if he is looking completely down. I felt it quickly and the resin doesn't seem to be cracked just warped some how. Can anyone advise the best way to get it back to its original shape. I was thinking maybe a heat gun to soften it up, but not sure if that will work. I thought I'd ask before trying anything. Any help would be great. :confused

I wouldn't go the heat gun route. You might burn it. Try hot water and submerge it. When it gets pliable, fix it back into place and let cool.

I would try a hair dryer on hi heat. A heat gun can be brutal. Shoot the hair dryer inside the bust to circulate the heat. Keep a bucket of ice water near by and as soon as it looks right to you, dunk it in the water for 10 secs or so.

Ok sounds good, i'll give it shot, as soon as i get a new stand so it doesn't happen again. Still think its very strange that happened, but seems like it should be an easy fix. thanks again.

This happened to me with one of Howard's Han Solo busts.

I left it in storage in a closet (on his "back") and the weight of the bust caused the bottom to kind of collapse. I think this is what you're talking about.

I used a rubber ball and left it in the hot garage (it was summer time) then each day I'd add another bigger ball...finally getting to something about the size of a soccer ball.

There is a little bit of flex in the bottom of those busts so you can kinda stretch it to get the ball to fit.

I was scared to introduce any outside heat source for fear of damaging the paint job.

Hope that helps,

brad

Awhile back I had this very issue with a few of the busts I had resting on flat surfaces. Over time the room's heat (if the room is warm) will soften the resin, causing it to warp.

You can easily fix this with a blow dryer. Just blowdry the warped area until your able to shift it using your hand and set it back into it's proper place. No biggie ...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back