That would have been a cool angle for Luke. As his knowledge and influence with the Force grew, he feared he might abuse said power and isolated himself to prevent himself from the temptation to use it for his own selfish purposes.
See, I think that's less plausible. It's easier for me, without even having to fill in the blank, to accept that what Luke saw in Ben's mind was just THAT bad. I mean, it had to be, right? What else could drive LUKE SKYWALKER to that point than something truly horrible? But also, because he is LUKE SKYWALKER, he stayed his hand. It was a momentary lapse in judgment brought about from a desire for the greater good of the GFFA.

I guess I can relate to Luke’s predicament in TLJ inasmuch that, even though I should be wiser in the life experience I’ve gained since I was younger and more impulsive, I still have moments that give me pause where I’m glad I hesitated and didn’t act on that first impulse.

I'm not exactly crazy about the idea I posted either, I was just theorizing.

I just didn't buy the way they portrayed Luke in TLJ but ultimately that's what we got.

I'm just going to stick to the OT. The new films are just not for me.

Lucasfilm Open To Future "Knights" Adaptation - Dark Horizons

Lucasfilm Open To Future “Knights” Adaptation
Wednesday, April 17th 2019 12:16 pm
knights-of-the-old-republic-tv-series-coming-696x464.jpg

Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy has revealed that the company is considering developing an adaptation of some sort of BioWare’s classic role-playing game “Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic”.

MTV reporter Josh Horowitz spoke with Kennedy during Star Wars Celebration last weekend on the red carpet, but the clip was only just posted a few hours back. Horowitz says a lot of fans want to see a ‘Knights’ film and he asked her if there’s any development of that to which she responded:

“You know, we talk about that [‘Knights of the Old Republic’] all the time. Yes, we are developing something to look at. Right now, I have no idea where things might fall, but we have to be careful that there is a cadence to Star Wars that doesn’t start to feel like too much.

We don’t have a crystal ball, you know, we tried a little bit with ‘Solo’ to see if we could do two movies a year and whether or not there really was an opportunity for that, and we felt that’s not going to work. So, we back off of that a little bit. But it doesn’t mean we don’t think about lots of different stories, because that’s the exciting thing about this universe.”

The “Knights of the Old Republic” game takes place millennia before the current iteration of “Star Wars” as various Sith and Jedi battle it out, thus avoiding any potential crossover and most continuity issues.

Kennedy also told the outlet that just because the Skywalker saga is wrapping with the upcoming film, it doesn’t mean newly introduced characters in the current trilogy like Rey, Finn, and Poe Dameron can’t continue to pop up sometime in the future:

“You know, there is an appropriate time. We’re using this appropriate time as an opportunity to see where we’re going now that we’re leaving the Skywalker Saga behind. But there’s no question that there’s certain characters that we’ve created certainly in the last three movies that we may very well wanna see down the line in the future.”

“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” is set to hit cinemas on December 20th.

I thought they were talking about a KOTOR era movie, but this sounds like some kind of adaptation of the game. That could be great or really awful. I think if they got a good writer they could condense it down and hit the key points of the game. I would hope they would use some of the game music from each location because it's really iconic if you've played the game.

I think what would be an AWESOME movie would be an adaptation of the Darth Bane books.

I think they should consider doing Live action and/or animated Star Wars movies for Disney+. I think it would it would be a good way to delve into various themes or characters without the commitment of a full and multi season TV show or a full out theatrical release production. I would think that with the recent movies and developing TV series, there might be a lot of resources that could be reused to keep production costs and time down. These movie could then make their way to home video and even maybe one night only theater viewing.

I think they should consider doing Live action and/or animated Star Wars movies for Disney+. I think it would it would be a good way to delve into various themes or characters without the commitment of a full and multi season TV show or a full out theatrical release production. I would think that with the recent movies and developing TV series, there might be a lot of resources that could be reused to keep production costs and time down. These movie could then make their way to home video and even maybe one night only theater viewing.

This would be a great time for them to do a multimedia project ala Shadows of the Empire.

I like how they have the R2-D2 and BB-8 as finished droids you can buy. I noticed in the case of the build a droid 3.75" scale figure in previous years, they may not have the part colors required to build them. This way if a child/collector wants these famous droids, they won't have an issue.

I've been watching WWII in HD: The Air War on the History channel this morning. Man, I really wish Star Wars would go back to this way of filming the space battles. I'm not talking about all the shakey-cam/out of focus stuff like the did on Nu Battlestar Galactica (I think they over did it there), but just the feeling of it like in ANH. Go back to those old WWII documentaries and old war movies and try doing it like George did; match up to shots from that kind of stuff, instead of just doing what looks cool.

Even before the Special Editions redoing of FX, I will take the escape from the Death Star TIE fighter attack and the trench run over ANY of the space battles done since. That stuff looked real because, in a way, it was real. It felt like a real battle, not just an angry swarm of hornets flying around like it had become by the time of Return Of The Jedi.

I've been watching WWII in HD: The Air War on the History channel this morning. Man, I really wish Star Wars would go back to this way of filming the space battles. I'm not talking about all the shakey-cam/out of focus stuff like the did on Nu Battlestar Galactica (I think they over did it there), but just the feeling of it like in ANH. Go back to those old WWII documentaries and old war movies and try doing it like George did; match up to shots from that kind of stuff, instead of just doing what looks cool.

Even before the Special Editions redoing of FX, I will take the escape from the Death Star TIE fighter attack and the trench run over ANY of the space battles done since. That stuff looked real because, in a way, it was real. It felt like a real battle, not just an angry swarm of hornets flying around like it had become by the time of Return Of The Jedi.

Ever see a great classic film called The Dambusters?

Speaking of Guns of Navarone...

I got the playset as a young boy probably around 1974. It was one of my favorite toys. After star Wars came out. It took a year for Star Wars toys to hit the market so I was forced to make whatever toys I had or get my hands on that had some similarity to Star Wars and be creative. The Guns of Navarone set made a great Death Star play set.

navarone1.jpg

Guns of Navarone...
Dambusters...
WWII aerial footage...
Joseph Campbell...
New World Symphony...
Flash Gordon...
King Arthur Legends...

buT dIsneY mAdE sTaR waRS toO dEriViTiVe!

Last edited:
Speaking of Guns of Navarone...

I got the playset as a young boy probably around 1974. It was one of my favorite toys. After star Wars came out. It took a year for Star Wars toys to hit the market so I was forced to make whatever toys I had or get my hands on that had some similarity to Star Wars and be creative. The Guns of Navarone set made a great Death Star play set.

View attachment 1011946
I had the same set and did the same thing!! That price...WOW! :cool:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back