Everything is borrowed from something else to an extent. The OT just did it better than the new films. Far better. George was really clever in the way he referenced the films that influenced him in the originals by doing reversals and things like that.

Last edited:
Everything is borrowed from something else to an extent. The OT just did it better than the new films. Far better. George was really clever in the way he referenced the films that influenced him in the originals by doing reversals and things like that.

I always like to take a classic show or movie and try to think how it might be portrayed with a Star Wars twist. Is wish I had the knowhow and ambition to do a fan film. I've had an idea bouncing around for a comedy fan film based on Hogan's Heroes.

I love that added layer of shots from one film being mimicked in other films as homage to the directors influences.

There was a great shot in Get Out that could have come directly out of a Kubrick film the way it was framed.

I always like to take a classic show or movie and try to think how it might be portrayed with a Star Wars twist. Is wish I had the knowhow and ambition to do a fan film. I've had an idea bouncing around for a comedy fan film based on Hogan's Heroes.
That would be hilarious Colonel Palpatine and Darth Schultz.

What's going on with the Tantive?
latest?cb=20081030151447.jpg

4c70a8e5d819161dab2d93f286fa023e.gif

Lego is releasing their newest version of said ship. So I was browsing pictures and noticed that there are two distinct versions of the Tantive IV. Anyone know the story?

What's going on with the Tantive?
View attachment 1012156
View attachment 1012157

Lego is releasing their newest version of said ship. So I was browsing pictures and noticed that there are two distinct versions of the Tantive IV. Anyone know the story?

I think the first image is of the old essential guide which is probably not canon and probably prone to errors any how.

I think the second is a fan made schematic.

All it means is that you should consider your sources before looking at pictures on the internet.

Additionally I would not be surprised if the ship did had different design aspects as it was created various times in various movies. Even the Falcon has different design elements within the OT itself.

They had 200 kits available at Celebration signed by the kit developer. My buddy snagged one. They are supposed to be available for public sale in the Fall IIRC.

Sean

Glad to see I'm not alone! :D

I won the full trilogy CD box set in a furious eBay match in college, but like everything else, it went in the Purge. Last year a good online friend found another set for herself and did me the huge favor of uploading all the tracks as MP3s so that I could have them again. (Everything that I've re-obtained or re-downloaded in recent years I used to own/paid with my cash to begin with, so I feel no guilt about it.)

I know ROTJ is the least creative of the bunch, but I'm still satisfied they rounded the OT out. I'm actually OK with Josh Fardon as Luke, I think he did a good job. But man, I love the ANH and ESB adaptations. Makes for nice immersive listening when I have to slog through long, mindless work at the office.

I have the box set, I think I got it at "Endor Traders", as it was called then, at Disney World.

I was always a little perturbed that the main presentation of ANH was the rerun version, which redoes the intro narration and edits out a bit here and there. They provide most (but not all!) of that excised material as extras, but they should've just ran them complete to begin with.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back