Looking for 3d model of "Cage Enterprsie"

I started converting a MR Enterprise, but will probably never finish it. I documented all of the changes and it is 75% done.

What size/ price point were you looking for?

I started converting a MR Enterprise, but will probably never finish it. I documented all of the changes and it is 75% done.

What size/ price point were you looking for?

Thanks for the offer, Steve. But I was actually looking for a CGI 3d mesh model. (I should have been more specific. As much as I'd love a cage version of the MR enterprise. I'm sure it would exceed my price range,

-best

Dan

AAAh...gotcha.

If I may ask...what do you wanna do with a CGI mesh...just stare at it? :)

Well actually I was hoping to have a model printed on a carvewright system. Like the voyager model done here http://forum.carvewright.com/archive/index.php/t-11980.html

So, my end goal is a studio scale model. But I'm hoping to do it on the cheap. :lol Knowing what the original MR model went for + the amount of work you must already have done puts a modified MR out of my price range. I figured the cage enterprise was a good project for a carvewright since the amount of surface detail is relatively minimal to other studio scale models and since the original didn't have lights (as far as I know),

-best

Dan Stokes
ddstokes@aol.com

What file format does the carveright machine take? .3DS, .OBJ, .STL?
Might be able to find one online that will work. Exactly how different is it to the original Enterprise model? I was under the impression they used the same model for both pilots and the show.

I realize this is not the answer to your question :lol but interested folks might want to check out the "Cage" and "Where No Man" versions of the Diamond Select/Art Asylum toy. Very cool!

There are also extra parts in the Polar Lights 11" model kit, to make the Cage version.

I now return you to your original thread, which is already in progress. :sleep

k

Unless the file and the cutter are both VERY high-rez, you are going to end up with a million steps that will have to be sanded out.

I don't envy anyone having to putty and sand all of that material to a smooth finish :confused

You could spend 40 hours sanding on it and still have an object that looks like a planter, rather than a scale model of a 947 foot long starship.

Isn't someone making a large-scale vac-form kit? If that is where your budget is, you might be better off working it in plastic and making the modifications to an actual kit. It would save you days of sanding.

I'm just sayin' is all...

If you wait long enough, Round 2 (neé Polar Lights) has said they are working on a 1:350 scale KIT of the TOS Enterprise. That would be your best bet. But we'll have to see if that actually pans out. Star Trek kits have a history of being announced and then disappearing, like the USS Defiant, into a rift in subspace, never to be heard from again. :lol

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back