Mad Max Fury Road War Rig Shifter Knob

DeLano80

Sr Member
For my next project, I thought I'd do the War Rigs femur shift knob/knife. It has been done beautifully before by a few members here. I hope mine will turn out as nice.
I am in the materials gathering stage. It is not a complicated prop, so it should not be too difficult.

Here is my start:
20190228_164644.jpg

20190228_164731.jpg
We will see how it goes.

Last edited:
Anyone know of any decent pics of blade? I am not finding many good references.
It will be made from steel BTW.
3fb2db6cccf4a23383383394b28b2b31_preview_featured.jpg
tumblr_inline_nqli1vteAf1r0aa8d_1280.png

This is the look I will go for with the bone:
WWWv77O (2).jpg

Still looking for decent blade images if anyone know of any. A google search did not yield much.

The bone is not this yellow, it is just my camera lighting. It will also be stained in the near future.
thumbnail_20190306_172036.jpg

I always thought it was just a three-sided, sharpened pike from round stock. Throughout the movie, it's never looked to me like there was a flattened blade.

I always thought it was just a three-sided, sharpened pike from round stock. Throughout the movie, it's never looked to me like there was a flattened blade.

I tend to agree after looking at the bayonets. It would be nice to be something that is readily available. I do not mind making it myself though, I only lack good reference photos. I am making this like a real knife.

Here is the only other pic I could find. Not much.
tumblr_inline_nqli2qC9rn1r0aa8d_540.png

IMG_20190308_001125.jpg
The spike SKS and Mosin Nagant bayonets aren't flat blades. They are three sides pike style blade. I'll grab a pic and post it.

Last edited:
The spike SKS and Mosin Nagant bayonets aren't flat blades. They are three sides pike style blade. I'll grab a pic and post it.

Not really sure if it is two or three sided really. At least not from this pic:
3fb2db6cccf4a23383383394b28b2b31_preview_featured (3).jpg

Again, not difficult, I just wan it to be correct.

I think you're better off fabricating it. From the length between "blade" and femur, the base looks too long to be from the suggested bayonets. Just judging from the pics, in relation to Theron's finger, it may be a 3/4" to 1" in diameter at the bottom.

This looks a bit better.

20191024_163603.jpg

If I wasn't using idealized real parts, I could paint to match what is seen on screen.
I think this looks ok though.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back